"Syncing... Please wait" message

Hi, I’m making lecture videos using Miro and Zoom’s local recording function.

It worked very well, and I love this combination. But from yesterday (28 April), I’ve been experiencing a "Syncing... Please wait \\ Receiving a response from the server. We recommend that you wait ** sec to avoid data loss." panel repeatedly appearing on the Miro app. I tried the web-browser app, another net connection, different time slots (morning, daytime, evening, midnight).

What does this message mean? Is this a server-side problem, or some performance issue in my environment? is there any way to avoid it?

Miro 0.3.32 on MacOS 10.12.6, iMac late 2012 Core i7, 32GB memory

Nick_Miro 2 years ago

Hi @Paolo Nardini,

Thank you for your message! Could you please try to follow these troubleshooting steps and see if the issue still appear?

1. Test Miro in the Incognito (private) mode (to exclude the possibility of browser extensions interfering) and in a different browser. Close all browser tabs and applications running in the background if needed.
  2. Clear your browser's cache & cookies, restart your browser and hard refresh the page by clicking F5 (or Ctrl / Cmd + R) several times.
  3. Check your Internet connection or switch to another, preferably faster network. Feel free to try different VPNs if necessary to avoid any security blockers in your network.
  4. If you use Desktop/Mobile/Tablet application, try to re-install it and test Miro using a web-version.
  5. If you experience problems with specific boards, try to duplicate them and check if the problem persists there. Also, feel free opening a smaller in size or relatively empty board in Miro to see how the performance changes there.

In case these steps didn’t help, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team via this form.

Thank you for using Miro!

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Arata Masuda,

Please report this issue to the Support Team at support@miro.com, Technical Support Engineers will look into your case. 

Hi, Marina, thanks, I will do so.

Hi, I’m making lecture videos using Miro and Zoom’s local recording function.

It worked very well, and I love this combination. But from yesterday (28 April), I’ve been experiencing a "Syncing... Please wait \\ Receiving a response from the server. We recommend that you wait ** sec to avoid data loss." panel repeatedly appearing on the Miro app. I tried the web-browser app, another net connection, different time slots (morning, daytime, evening, midnight).

What does this message mean? Is this a server-side problem, or some performance issue in my environment? is there any way to avoid it?

Miro 0.3.32 on MacOS 10.12.6, iMac late 2012 Core i7, 32GB memory

Hey, I was experimenting the same issue. In one part of my board I had a heavy picture attached to one element. I just reduced the size of picture and detached from any element (like textbox, or whatever). It seems to work fine again.

Sorry, I regreat of what I said. I tryied a lot of things, included changing between Windows app, web, and changing the computer, deleting all the pictures, creating new boards. Anything of this didn´t worked.

Even if I create a new board from scratch, it keep doing the same. Here I post a video here of what’s happening to me.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

I am also facing the same issue of “Syncing Please wait”. 

Not only that but I lost alot of the branches that I had already filled in prior, when I tried to fix it by closing then restarting the MIro APP. I am on Miro APP for Mac (specs macbook M1 2020, bigSur 11.4) - I wonder if others are experiencing this and if it is a temporary / new issue.

@Peter Goldsworthy  I have the exact same issue as you. I lost lots of branches in my mind map. I’m afraid of using Miro now (I lost my mind, literally :-( )

@Peter Goldsworthy  I have the exact same issue as you. I lost lots of branches in my mind map. I’m afraid of using Miro now (I lost my mind, literally 😞 )

I have had this same issue today. The “syncing” messages are annoying, but worse than that quite a few of the nodes on a mindmap I’ve been worklng on for days have suddenly become blank. And there are some completely missing too. I’ve tried restoring previous versions and they have the same problem. So much time wasted on this, I feel I can’t trust this tool any more.

I have had this same issue today. The “syncing” messages are annoying, but worse than that quite a few of the nodes on a mindmap I’ve been worklng on for days have suddenly become blank. And there are some completely missing too. I’ve tried restoring previous versions and they have the same problem. So much time wasted on this, I feel I can’t trust this tool any more.

I have discovered if you double-click on an empty node, then hit undo (Cmd-Z), it restores the missing text. But you need to do each node individually.

it doesn’t seem to work for me. maybe I have already started restoring by memory and lost of the last breaking point. However I did reach out to MIRO support and they stated this is a known bug and they just have it fixed and released. So hopefully this issue won’t happen again.

It was working well for an hour this morning. Then it started with the syncing issues again. How about you guys @Michaelg  and @Michael Patricios 

Then control (or command) Z saved me! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

We also experience the “Syncing...please wait” message very often (almost every 15 minutes).

The message never disappear and we have to reload the board losing the last changes.

It’s very frustrating and feels like Miro is not reliable.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Paolo Nardini,

Thank you for your message! Could you please try to follow these troubleshooting steps and see if the issue still appear?

1. Test Miro in the Incognito (private) mode (to exclude the possibility of browser extensions interfering) and in a different browser. Close all browser tabs and applications running in the background if needed.
  2. Clear your browser's cache & cookies, restart your browser and hard refresh the page by clicking F5 (or Ctrl / Cmd + R) several times.
  3. Check your Internet connection or switch to another, preferably faster network. Feel free to try different VPNs if necessary to avoid any security blockers in your network.
  4. If you use Desktop/Mobile/Tablet application, try to re-install it and test Miro using a web-version.
  5. If you experience problems with specific boards, try to duplicate them and check if the problem persists there. Also, feel free opening a smaller in size or relatively empty board in Miro to see how the performance changes there.

In case these steps didn’t help, feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Team via this form.

Thank you for using Miro!

Hi @Nikita Granin I’ve tried your suggestions, incognito mode browser, cookies cleared, but experienced always the same “syncing” problem. I’ve already opened a support ticket for this. Thank you.

I’m experiencing this almost every 5 minutes, having to constantly repeat steps. I even created new boards with practically no content thinking it was the number of images. 
It’s so frustrating, there should be an offline mode so that I can at-least make progress and save to my hard drive. 
I love Miro, but this has been a growing issue for the past few weeks and I’ll probably have to switch to Figma to get my work done. :face_palm_tone1:

Hi Gus,

I’ve found the problem in my case, it was my company firewall that dropped the connections randomly after few minutes of inactivity. This is not a great problem with other applications, but seems that Miro failed to re-open the connection in this case. I’ve already posted my feedback to support team and hope they could fix soon.

Hope this helps.

Firewall is not an issue in my case, but my Mac app is experiencing the same. Frustrating to see your work disappear… any update on this?

Firewall was a good suggestion, but was also not my issue. 
It may just be due to poor internet connection.

I would strongly recommend Miro implementing an offline mode, perhaps it can lock the board to other users when the owner enables this mode to prevent conflicting changes. Because atm having to require a connection makes little sense when there is one user, it’s like a game requiring internet for a solo campaign, non-sensical.

Having the same issue over and over again. Both in the mac app as well as on different browsers. Guys I really love Miro for all the capabilities but these are basics that will make users leave. Whats the issue here and why is nobody taking care of this despite various people having the same crucial issue? Repost from other thread simply because its annoying