[RESOLVED] Stuck on the loading screen after I left the team

Hi all,

after leaving a board from my former team, I cannot login to my account anymore. And I was under the impression that I had a personal account. I seem to be stuck on the loading-screen (see screenshot).

This topic has been closed for comments

45 replies

+1

Created an account in Miro for testing and Added myself to an exiting team.
Then decided to removed myself from the team.

After that all I see is Miro page spinning up but never loading.
This happen on Chrome and MS Edge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Erika Rankin -

what happens when you try to access Miro using an incognito browser session as that usually does the trick?

Kiron

Thanks @Kiron Bondale . This has worked and I can access that way!

@Dean Birkett -

1. If you are using Chrome to access Miro, can you try logging in via incognito mode and see if that works?
  2. Can you try accessing it via the desktop app?

Kiron

Okay, incognito mode helped. After the login I was prompted to create my own team. When the team is created it shows the dashboard. And after this procedure everything is working in normal mode (not only incognito).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Renata Perim Lopes -

When you access it via the incognito method does it give you any option to create a team? Which plan are you on as that will also affect your ability to create teams?

Kiron

I am facing the same issue. I am an educator and I wanted to use this board with my students. I can’t expect them to add me , right? Also, even if I were to ask a colleague of mine to add me to a team and then handover the team rights to me, and if that person were to leave, he/she would be facing the same thing right?

Isn’t this an inefficient way to work around the problem, however it could be a quick fix for the time being. 

Rini

Yes. Thanks Kiron - got a team admin to re-add me and I was fine. Because i got offered a choice of teams on registration, I was half-expecting to get that screen again (or anything but a blank screen really). But all good now :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

The tech team informed us that they’ve found the cause of such behavior and fixed this issue. Now users should see a message to create a new team after leaving all current teams.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Peter Lok - can you check with your company or team admin for Miro who would have invited you to the board to find out if you have been removed from the user list?

Kiron

Hi Kiron,

I have been removed (as planned) and the board I created is deleted (as planned). So I should be able to login right?

Peter

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If you are no longer part of ANY team, then no, you would not be able to log on. If the admin adds you to at least one team, then it should work normally…

Kiron

Hi Kiron,

so it appears to be working correctly than :). What I need, is to be able to use my own account again, with my orignal e-mailadess. I’ll contact support and see if they can help me out. 

Kind regards,

Peter

Hi Peter 

I’ve got the same problem. Is there any solution?

Kind regards

Katrin

Hi Katrin,

I haven’t heard back from Miro support yet, so I have to wait on that. I think there’s no other solution at the moment.

Kind regards,

Peter

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Katrin Schillo and @Peter Lok , assuming you were invited by a colleague to use Miro, they or someone else within your companies is the company administrator for the platform. There is usually a default team created for a company and at a minimum they should add you to that so that you are not “orphaned” as seems to have happened by being not part of any teams.

If you can’t locate the individual who is the company administrator OR if you ARE the company administrator and somehow managed to delete the default team or remove yourself from it then unfortunately Miro support is going to have to help you out.

I have the same issue and my account is not part of any organization. I just signed up individually. 
I guess I’ll have to wait for the support to reply in that case...

Is there a fix for this, I have been waiting for support response for over a week, I am on a paid plan and frankly not happy that I cannot use the product, I am the administrator! Others in the account can get in but I can’t which means I cannot back up their work. This is extremely urgent please.

I have tried all browsers, cleared cache etc but nothing works.

I have the same issue - just signed up with Miro to test out the capabilities. I accidentally joined a  team that I shouldn't have - so left it again straight away. However, now the dashboard will not load and I can't test out the functionality. Trying the various options in this thread - but no luck so far

+1 - exactly the same issue.

Left the team today and now see infinite loading of the dashboard. Tried to re-login, cleared cache and cookies. Latest Chrome on Win10.

Community and Academy are working well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi all,

Let me check in with the team, please. I will get back to you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Agreed @Renata Perim Lopes - @Marina would you know if this is something which is on the fix backlog as it is a reproducible, known issue?

Kiron

Hello Kiron. I just tried one more time and my access is normal now. The loading problem suddenly disappeared. I’d like to thank you for your attention.

Anyway I just think that Miro should take care of this problem: when we leave a team this loading problem occurs and takes a day to get normal again.

Hi Kiron. I’m teacher and I want to create a new team to share with my students. I left a team just to do that and the loading problem happened and still. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Renata Perim Lopes - I believe once you have entered using the incognito browser approach, then if you join a team you should be fine the next time you go in the regular way.

Kiron

Hello Rob. It did work enter with an Incognito tab, thank you for your help. But I would like to solve my problem and get in to my account in the normal way. It seams a big issue the thing that we cant leave a team!