Answered

Resize table columns?

• 14 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

How do you resize the table columns? When I go to edit the table, it gets super small and I can’t see how to change the column size.

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 14 April 2020, 01:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

@Kiron Bondale, yeah, I am experiencing the same auto-resizing issues. The reason I brought this up is for the exact thing you mentioned. The first table column is wrapping - which I don’t want. I expanded the table size and now the columns are inconsistent. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Rebecca - 

Once you have finished editing a cell where you had typed in more text than the width of the cell, it will auto-resize to fit most of the text and wrap the rest. There does not appear to be any way to manually re-size the column width however.

What I find odd is the auto-resizing is not consistent for all columns. I entered the same text into three adjacent cells - two resized to fit the full text and the first column wrapped it :thinking:

I find the table widget to be pretty restrictive as only one person can edit cells at a time (i.e. the “locking” granularity is the full table). Since there isn’t any Excel-like behavior on the table widget, I have found that using a frame with dividing lines and multiple text boxes is a more collaborative means of completing a table as each text box can be independently edited.

Kiron