Answered

Renaming Atlassian Instance - Miro for Confluence Cloud issues

• 30 March 2021
  • 2 replies

We are undertaking a project to rename our Atlassian instance to reflect our new company name

Example “oldname.atlassian.net” will become “newname.atlassian.net”.

I have already contacted Atlassian to get advice and support for this but they have advised that Miro for Confluence Cloud is “not compatible yet for site rename”.

My question is what happens to Miro and its content if our instance is renamed? Is it possible or will I lose data?  Is there any preventative steps I will need to take before, etc.

Any advice gratefully received.

For info there’s a few which have the same issue so I am casting around the Apps supplies for help.  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Marina 8 April 2021, 10:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Thank you, very helpful. Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Richard Chamberlain,

Please, have no worries - no content will be lost in Miro after Atlassian instance renaming. 

As for the Confluence plugin, no additional actions are needed after the Atlassian instance is renamed; there shouldn't be any problems in plugin usage.

As for Jira Cards, after instance renaming, it's necessary to reconfigure the integration. Feel free to use this handy instruction on Jira Cards installation. Since there may be old links for the “Open in source” feature for previously imported cards, it's highly recommended to re-import cards previously added to the boards.