Question- review for students

• 23 September 2021
  • 6 replies

I want to create a card sort to review with students independently.  Can I create a board that they can use and it is reset for each student that uses it? 

Is there a way to create a “key” so that it checks itself?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tamara Holderfield 

Can I create a board that they can use and it is reset for each student that uses it?

There is currently no out-of-the-box feature in Miro that would do as your are describing.

Options:

• Custom Template - If you are on a paid or Education Plan, and your students are members of your plan (and not accessing the board as guests), you could save your questions as a custom template and instruct your students to add it to the board upon arrival.
  • Create a Template on the board - Add your questions to the board in advance, putting them in a frame, and then either copy-and-paste the questions as many times as you have students (Ctrl/Cmd-C, and then Ctrl/Cmd-V,V,V, etc.) and instruct your students to “grab” a frame upon their arrival and title it with their name. Or you could skip the copy-and-paste yourself and ask them to do it.
    • Note: In both of those options, the students would see other students work as they are on the same board.
  • Create one board per student - You could set up one board as a template, open the Share settings and set the team access to put it in Anyone at [TEAM NAME] → Can view, and ask them to open the board, click on the board title, and then create a Duplicate. Or you could create all of the boards for them.
  • Have a student create a web-plugin using the Miro Developer Platform SDK - If you have a student who is keen on web development, you would ask them to create a web-plugin in Miro that would populate your questions using a button. The Miro Developer Platform documentation can be found here → https://developers.miro.com/

Thank you- I have 184 students so creating copies for each student would be a little much to use frequently.  I may attempt the force students to duplicate when opening, but am worried students will forget or not read instructions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Tamara Holderfield :

I highly recommend to use a LMS for this maybe with a possiblity to link to a miro board but you’ve got to have control over the results and you’ve got to set the questions or the task only once but then every of your 184 has got the “empty” no result tasks and after finished he has got finished it and will get the result page or whatever you plan to show him at the end.

Miro is the wrong tool for this

Michael

Michael- LMS? 

This sounds great, but I have no idea the tool to use.  I am wanting it to be a card sort so that is how I found Miro- I am new to this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

… sorry for that …  so here is only one link:

https://www.capterra.com/sem-compare/learning-management-system-software/?utm_source=ps-google&utm_medium=ppc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImZ2Vw-GX8wIVgeR3Ch1InASoEAAYAiAAEgK9zPD_BwE

You’ll find more by googling or clicking and comparing what exact you need for your students.

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tamara Holderfield

Question: Are your students members of the Miro plan or are they accessing the boards as guests, i.e., you will set the board(s) Share settings to Anyone with the link → Can comment/edit/view?

Can you share a bit more information about your use case? Perhaps even an example of the tasks/questions/etc.