Question about plan

• 14 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello.

I'm a member of "free team space" and my desk became locked due to limit of 5 desks. If i will buy upgrade not for team but for me via "working with clients" will i have an access to editing my desk? 

Best regards, 

Denis A.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Denis Andreenkov -

Assuming you mean board (when you say desk), then once you upgrade from a free plan to a paid plan you can have unlimited full edit access boards. The constraint then will be on the number of full edit users as that will be based on how many users you pay for unless you use the anonymous guest editor access method.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Denis Andreenkov - I will add that if you use the Upgrade button, Miro will prompt you to buy paid seats for all members of your current Free Plan team.

If you happen to be a Team Admin of your current Free Plan team, you could delete all of the current team members (except for yourself, of course) and then upgrade. Or, you could just create a new team using the Add team action and select with working with clients, Consultant Plan for just yourself. Once you have done this, you could move any boards you want from the Free Plan team to the newly created Consultant Plan team.

Here is a post where I detailed some of the steps I have just mentioned:

https://community.miro.com/peer-support-45/team-members-vs-board-access-free-plan-5825?postid=24311#post24311

@Denis Andreenkov - I will add that if you use the Upgrade button, Miro will prompt you to buy paid seats for all members of your current Free Plan team.

If you happen to be a Team Admin of your current Free Plan team, you could delete all of the current team members (except for yourself, of course) and then upgrade. Or, you could just create a new team using the Add team action and select with working with clients, Consultant Plan for just yourself. Once you have done this, you could move any boards you want from the Free Plan team to the newly created Consultant Plan team.

Here is a post where I detailed some of the steps I have just mentioned:

https://community.miro.com/peer-support-45/team-members-vs-board-access-free-plan-5825?postid=24311#post24311

Thanks. I created a topic because i saw a function which allow me to buy an access only for me. This option certainly is the thing i need. But between 2 programs "working with team" and "working with clients" i saw the difference in the amount of users. In the first - for 2 users, second - access only for one user. So i asked, if our "free space for team" ,not for clients, will i have an access to board (thanks Kiron) in this space , if i will take cheaper program "working with clients"? Sorry for hard question or how bad i formulate it.

UPD:

and yeah, I’m not an admin of this team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Denis Andreenkov -

You can certainly go with the Consultant plan which is slightly higher pricing than the Team pricing but allows you to go with just a single user. As I mentioned before, with either the Team or Consultant plan you would have access to as many boards as you like.

Kiron

@Denis Andreenkov -

You can certainly go with the Consultant plan which is slightly higher pricing than the Team pricing but allows you to go with just a single user. As I mentioned before, with either the Team or Consultant plan you would have access to as many boards as you like.

Kiron

Got it. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Denis Andreenkov

Sorry for hard question or how bad i formulate it.

No worries. Miro’s account profile/team/boards structure is not always clear. When I first discovered Miro, I created a Free Plan team with one email address, but also signed up for a paid plan using another email address. When I wanted to merge things, i.e., add one account profile to another team; move boards; etc., I ended up spending hours trying different scenarios and reading many Help Center articles before the user/plan structure became clear.

I am not sure if you still have a question, but for anyone reading this post, I will share a bit more information about Miro account profiles and how they work on free vs. paid teams.

Miro Account Profiles

• You create an account profile using your email address.
  • With respect to teams, boards, and projects, Miro refers to these account profiles as users or members.
  • A Miro account profile can belong to/be a member of one or more teams.

Teams

• Every team will belong to a Plan - the options are:
    • Free
    • Team
    • Consultant
    • Business
    • Enterprise
    • Education
  • You may also see Miro refer to teams as “accounts” for the purpose of moving boards between teams. The decision to continue using the word “account” is misleading as you could be moving a board from one Consultant or Enterprise “team” to another “team” in the same “plan”, not “account” (that’s a rant for another post).
  • Teams have “members” or “user” - again, Miro uses different wording on different screens and they need to clean this up. Just remember: members/users = Miro account profiles. 
  • Members on teams consume/use “seats” or “licenses” on a team. For a Free Plan team, these are , of course, free. But for paid plans, each seat on the team requires a paid license.

Boards

• Just as users belong to Teams, boards also belong to/reside in a Team.
  • While the typical scenario would be that users are member of teams, and would all work on boards that also belong to that team, you can invite non-team members directly to a board (that resides in a team to which they are non a member of).

So, after all of that, if your scenario is this:

I am a member of a Free Plan team. There are locked/view-only boards (due to the free, editable board allocation being met) and I want to be able to edit these boards.

And your question is:

1. Can I upgrade the current team from a Free to a paid, e.g., Team or Consultant Plan for just myself, so I can edit the boards again? No. In order for a Free Plan team to be converted to another plan type, ALL members of the team will require a paid license/seat. For example, you have a Free Plan team with 15 members. When you try to upgrade, you will have to purchase a minimum of 15 licenses.
  2. Okay, I want to
    1. edit my boards that are locked/view-only in the Free Plan team
    2. have access to all paid Miro features; and
    3. I want to be able to create unlimited boards;
      but I don’t want to paid for licenses for all members of the Free Plan team. If I create my own Team or Consultant Plan team and am now a paid Miro users, does this mean I will be able to edit my locked/view-only boards in the Free Plan team that I am also a member of? No. Even though your Miro account profile now a member of a paid plan, your paid features only apply to boards that reside in the paid plan. In order to edit the boards that are in the Free Plan team, you will need to use the “Move to account” feature to move those boards from the Free to your paid plan. Once you have moved them, you can edit them again.
  3. Now that I have my own paid plan, but am still a member of a Free Plan team, what if I want to invite members of the Free Plan team to edit boards that are in my plan, without making them paid members of my team? You would have to use the Guest Editor feature. 

I hope this helps!

@Denis Andreenkov

Sorry for hard question or how bad i formulate it.

No worries. Miro’s account profile/team/boards structure is not always clear. When I first discovered Miro, I created a Free Plan team with one email address, but also signed up for a paid plan using another email address. When I wanted to merge things, i.e., add one account profile to another team; move boards; etc., I ended up spending hours trying different scenarios and reading many Help Center articles before the user/plan structure became clear.

I am not sure if you still have a question, but for anyone reading this post, I will share a bit more information about Miro account profiles and how they work on free vs. paid teams.

Miro Account Profiles

• You create an account profile using your email address.
  • With respect to teams, boards, and projects, Miro refers to these account profiles as users or members.
  • A Miro account profile can belong to/be a member of one or more teams.

Teams

• Every team will belong to a Plan - the options are:
    • Free
    • Team
    • Consultant
    • Business
    • Enterprise
    • Education
  • You may also see Miro refer to teams as “accounts” for the purpose of moving boards between teams. The decision to continue using the word “account” is misleading as you could be moving a board from one Consultant or Enterprise “team” to another “team” in the same “plan”, not “account” (that’s a rant for another post).
  • Teams have “members” or “user” - again, Miro uses different wording on different screens and they need to clean this up. Just remember: members/users = Miro account profiles. 
  • Members on teams consume/use “seats” or “licenses” on a team. For a Free Plan team, these are , of course, free. But for paid plans, each seat on the team requires a paid license.

Boards

• Just as users belong to Teams, boards also belong to/reside in a Team.
  • While the typical scenario would be that users are member of teams, and would all work on boards that also belong to that team, you can invite non-team members directly to a board (that resides in a team to which they are non a member of).

So, after all of that, if your scenario is this:

I am a member of a Free Plan team. There are locked/view-only boards (due to the free, editable board allocation being met) and I want to be able to edit these boards.

And your question is:

1. Can I upgrade the current team from a Free to a paid, e.g., Team or Consultant Plan for just myself, so I can edit the boards again? No. In order for a Free Plan team to be converted to another plan type, ALL members of the team will require a paid license/seat. For example, you have a Free Plan team with 15 members. When you try to upgrade, you will have to purchase a minimum of 15 licenses.
  2. Okay, I want to
    1. edit my boards that are locked/view-only in the Free Plan team
    2. have access to all paid Miro features; and
    3. I want to be able to create unlimited boards;
      but I don’t want to paid for licenses for all members of the Free Plan team. If I create my own Team or Consultant Plan team and am now a paid Miro users, does this mean I will be able to edit my locked/view-only boards in the Free Plan team that I am also a member of? No. Even though your Miro account profile now a member of a paid plan, your paid features only apply to boards that reside in the paid plan. In order to edit the boards that are in the Free Plan team, you will need to use the “Move to account” feature to move those boards from the Free to your paid plan. Once you have moved them, you can edit them again.
  3. Now that I have my own paid plan, but am still a member of a Free Plan team, what if I want to invite members of the Free Plan team to edit boards that are in my plan, without making them paid members of my team? You would have to use the Guest Editor feature. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you for voluminous response like that. I found a solution and I certainly sure that your answer will be absolutely helpful for other. Thank you and wish you all the best!