Question

Private Tutoring on a Miro Board

• 28 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello! 

I see between 20 and 30 students each week. On the AWW app, I had a board for each student and each student had a log-in to AWW. (They did not have to pay to be members.) Once I added them to a board, they had access to that board. 

I don’t see how to create this on Miro for free. If I become a Consultant, will I be able to invite each student once. I don’t want to have to send a new invite at the time of every session. I would also hope that they can log in at any time, not just when we are working, to review our work. 

SECOND QUESTION - do the up graded boards have pages or are they infinite planes? I liked the pages because the students could easily find me on the boards.

Please advise...and if any of you tutor AP  Physics C - I would like to hire you! 

THank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jean Marie Stein -

1. Once you are on a paid plan, full edit access does incur a per user cost regardless of how few or how many boards they access. The alternative is to use the Anonymous Guest Editor access (https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-Anonymous-Guest-Editors). If your students create a free Miro user account before they access the board, you’d know who they are (i.e. they won’t show up with a “Guest Editor”, “Guest Designer”, etc. nickname).
  2. Assuming it is only one board per student, you’d send them the URL for the board in your initial e-mail to them and that URL would never change.
  3. Boards are infinite canvases - regardless of whether you are on a free or paid plan. However, Miro provides Attention Management to make it easy for students to see where you are (https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013358479-Attention-Management).

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jean Marie Stein - Further to #2, if your student already has a Miro account and I signed in when they open the board you shared with them, they can “Star” it as a means of getting back to it easily from within their Miro dashboard, e.g., rather than finding the link in an email.

1. Star it:

1. Go to the Starred boards page to get back to the board: