Answered

"Playing" pdf presentations within Miro: How to make the flow of slides visible to all

• 3 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello, very new to Miro. I love the feature that I can insert a multi-page pdf (like a slide show) and move through it page by page. This means I don’t have to switch back to Zoom and have the presenter share screen. Works great for me. The problem is that when I tested it with a team member, they could not see the ‘slides’ (pages) changing when I changed them; they could advance pages themselves, but did not see what I saw.

How do I ‘present’ say a 10 slide deck either in ppt or pdf within Miro so that everyone can see when I change slides (can see what I see).?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Marina 9 April 2020, 12:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @David Culton,

The feature of screen sharing in Miro will definitely help you, please find more information in this article :relaxed:

As a feature request it would be nice that when following someone if they flip through PDF or powerpoint slides then it is visible to you. Screen sharing is just an extra step and too clunky. 

The feature of screen sharing in Miro will definitely help you, please find more information in this article :relaxed:

Hi @Marina ,

using Miro for about a year now, but didn’t get your described way to work.

Following / ScreenSharing is working as intended, but not with the changing slides of a PDF / PowerPoint.

Have tried every way I could come up with.

Perhaps you can get back to me for this, because it’s the last thing missing for my lectures.

Thanks in advance and regards from Germany.

Oliver

Userlevel 1
Badge

Wouldn’t it work if there were a plugin that lets you import a PDF/Powerpoint into Miro Frames, and walk through using presentation mode?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Wouldn’t it work if there were a plugin that lets you import a PDF/Powerpoint into Miro Frames, and walk through using presentation mode?

For example, consider this post from https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/how-to-present-embedded-google-slides-presentation-3321

It talks about splitting up the PDF pages https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018109574-Work-Smarter-not-Harder#split

Hope this works :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Oliver Bach -

@its.eric ‘s suggestion is a good workaround to extract the pages in one area of your board and then go from frame to frame using the screen share mode in conjunction with the frames panel. However, for truly native functionality, I’d recommend adding this as a wish list item to enhance the existing screen share mode following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Thanks @its.eric and @Kiron Bondale.

The workaround with exporting the slides as individual frames worked in my test.

But for my lectures I really would like to see it as a native feature in Miro to scroll through my slides while  leaving only the exercises in Miro frames.

Normally my lectures consists of a lot of slides and its not very handy.

I will add it to the wish list right after this. :-)

Edit:

Added it to an already existing feature request: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/interactive-slideshows-2245?postid=9381#post9381

100% agree with this. I have been running workshops and want to reference research that is relevant to the workshop. If I go through the pages in the PPT or PDF the other users in the board only see the first page of the document when I am actually on page 6. I believe all users should see the page the Owner or presenter has gone to. At the moment I have to create 20 frames then drag out the 20 images from the PDF. Would be great if we could have a dropdown in the bar above the document that given you the choice: ‘Everyone can see’ or ‘Only myself’

Whilst screen sharing is a work around. When running a large workshop its definitely better to keep everyone within the Miro experience.