Permissions Query

• 20 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi, apologies if this has been asked countless times - I have searched for the answer but no luck.

We have a team plan (with 3 users) but I cannot see how to create boards so that the other team members cannot see them (via all boards etc) - I tried projects - but no joy. I tried creating a separate team for each member, but you can just go an join that team without any authentication.

What I want it for the 3 of us to be able to create boards without the others being able to see them by default - I just can’t see a way

Thanks in advance

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Paul Harker - Here is a post where I have outlined where-and-how and how to configure the permissions you are inquiring about. If you don't want to read the whole post, you can search for "Default Board and Project Sharing Settings":

https://community.miro.com/peer-support-45/private-board-sharing-with-one-on-one-students-3935#post16349

Thanks so much for replying Robert. I'll try the suggestion with the projects although in the beginning of the post it says you can turn off access by setting No Access on the 'Anyone at the XXX team' settings. However, I have set this to No Access but they can still see the board. If you hover over the question mark next to this setting it says 'anyone on the XXX team' can access the board and find it in the All Boards section' which seems to suggest this setting doesn't really restrict many things. 

Am I missing something?

Regards

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Paul Harker - For one of these examples boards that you say other team members can see - what are all of the parameters?

Can you share a screenshot of the board's Share settings?

Is it in a Project? If so, please show us the Project seetings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I should also note that going into the Team profile settings and adjusting the default visibility for Boards and Projects only will only apply to newly created Boards and Projects - you would still need to manually change the settings for any existing boards/projects. 

Hi Robert - thanks for coming back to me and thanks for the additional information. Hopefully attached is a screenshot of one of the boards that other people from the team can see

Regards

Paul