[RESOLVED] Order of frames in template

• 23 July 2021
  • 6 replies

I am creating templates that use frames.

The frames are in the correct order (in the frames sidebar) when i save the template.

When i use the template on a blank board the frames in the sidebar are in a different order.

If i edit the template - the frames view doesn’t appear for me to re-order.

I have found that if I import the template re-order the frames to be correct again and copy all - then edit the template delete all and paste the re-ordered frames back in. Sometimes (but not always) they will eventually be imported in the correct order but it seems to be random everytime.

If they finally work… I dont touch them!

But it’s incredibly frustrating.

Robert Johnson 2 years ago

@Tim Ackroyd / @Ambroise - Here’s the update I just received from Miro support:

Thank you for your patience! The development team has released a fix where the order of frames in the frames panel in custom templates is incorrect when you copy them from another board has been released. Please note that you may need to log out and log back into Miro to ensure that you are on the latest version of Miro that contains the fix. We apologize for any inconvenience this bug may have caused you.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Tim Ackroyd,

I wanted to quickly follow up here as well. The team was able to replicate the issue and fix the frames-order bug, so it should be resolved for you now. Please let me know if you’re still noticing any strange behaviour with frames re-ordering.

Thanks @Robert Johnson for reporting the bug to the team. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tim Ackroyd / @Ambroise - Here’s the update I just received from Miro support:

Thank you for your patience! The development team has released a fix where the order of frames in the frames panel in custom templates is incorrect when you copy them from another board has been released. Please note that you may need to log out and log back into Miro to ensure that you are on the latest version of Miro that contains the fix. We apologize for any inconvenience this bug may have caused you.

UPDATE - semi-solution

I have the original board that i created the template on.

I found if i close that board and re-open (I’m using the app on mac FYI)

The frames show in the wrong order too. If I re-order, close the board and open the board again - they now show in the correct order.

If I then save that selection as a NEW template (doesn’t work if i edit the old one) - the the order is correct.

Seems like maybe there is some cacheing issue?!

Anyway - this solution now works consistently 

BUT

My request would be to have frame-rdering in the ‘Edit template’ view and then you could just solve that way!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tim Ackroyd / @Ambroise - This behaviour sounds similar to another post where links to other objects in templates are not correct when a template is first restored, but are corrected upon a board refresh - some sort of syncing bug and not a pleasant user experience

I have a support ticket open already for the internal-links bug and will share a link to this post re this frames-order bug.

Found another variant of this bug.

I create a template with a very large number of frames (138)

If I import it to a blank board - the frames come in in the correct order.

If I import it into a board that already has other frames in, the frames are out of order :(

Thanks for the workaround! It’s a bummer indeed, not straightforward.