Opening the same board more than once - what do others see?

• 29 September 2021
  • 2 replies

If I open the same board more than once, e.g. in two browser windows, I just wondered how this appears to other users? Does it indicate on my profile icon I have it open more than once? And I wondered what happens when I switch from one to the other, assuming I’m looking at two different areas of the board, do other users just see my cursor fly from one side of the board to the other? Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Chris Lozeau -

Just did a quick test with two “full edit” logins to the same board and one incognito one as the watcher.

1. Your avatar only shows up once in the list of who is accessing the board.
  2. As there are two locations to track for you, the collaborator cursor only shows up when one of the two makes a change to an object or shape and then it disappears.

My guess is that the Miro product team hasn’t consciously planned for this use case so these outcomes are likely based on default Miro behavior.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Thank you for testing that with a second account. That confirms that what I was seeing from one view - not seeing my cursor from the other - is what everyone sees. I guess they consciously decided to hide the cursor away when there’s more than one window open from the same user.