Answered

Notification 'side tray' not loading on desktop app or browser

• 6 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

This has been happening for a while but just got time to raise it here.

Basically the ‘side tray’ specifically triggered by the notifications icon won’t load content within it (See image)

Obviously this is annoying as I am limited to going to each board individually and scanning around for notification marks on the comments, that may not even be the one I am searching for.

Any help will be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 7 April 2021, 23:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

@Robert Johnson @Andy Hall 

Hi All,

I opened a support ticket, if you reference this thread they should be able to zero on a fix. It is a profile level issue that the Miro team were very quick to offer solutions which fixed the issue for me. :)

Mathieu

Thanks @Robert Johnson . I’m having the same experience, even down to what I’m seeing on the phone app.

I guess I’ll open a support ticket.

Appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DesignerMat - While I have never seen this specifically happen before in the notifications side tray, I have seem other aspects/panels of Miro be blocked by 3rd party software.

While some of these will not apply as you stated the issue is occurring in the Miro desktop app, I will list them anyway:

• Disable any Ad Blocking, Malware, or Antivirus software.
  • Disconnect from  any VPNs or Firewall software.
  • Try a private/incognito browser window.
  • Disable any browser extensions.

Does this for every device you sign into Miro with? And of the same network you are connecting to the Internet with?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson Thanks for the reply. I tried all the above and it didn’t resolve it. Tried different browsers too.

It persist over multiple networks. The plot thickened when I tried different devices, switching computers didn't resolve it. On my phone app, however, notifications loaded but said I had no notifications even though it indicated I do (and I know I do because of email notifications).

This seems to suggest that something funky is going on on my user instance. Other people in my team are not experiencing the same thing using the same boards/projects.

Did you ever figure out what was causing this? Was a support ticket opened?

User @Andy Hall is reporting the same issue.

@Robert Johnson Thanks for the reply. I tried all the above and it didn’t resolve it. Tried different browsers too.

It persist over multiple networks. The plot thickened when I tried different devices, switching computers didn't resolve it. On my phone app, however, notifications loaded but said I had no notifications even though it indicated I do (and I know I do because of email notifications).

This seems to suggest that something funky is going on on my user instance. Other people in my team are not experiencing the same thing using the same boards/projects.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DesignerMat - Well, then. I have no other ideas at this point! If you are on a paid plan, I would suggest opening a Miro support ticket:

learning center → Get help → Support