Not able to open any board on my PC

• 6 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I can’t open any board on my PC even if tried to open it up with the Incognito Widow as well.

I don’t see any cookies blocked, cleared the cache memory and even turned off my firewall temporarily. Nothing seemed to work.

Are you able to help me?
Thank you in advance for your time!

Best wishes!

Janeth

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Janeth Hinostroza - If you can get to your Miro dashboard, but it is only boards that won’t open, this sounds like WebSocket connections are being blocked.

A common scenario where this can happen → You are on a corporate network - maybe even from home over a VPN.

Regardless if a corporate/VPN network, home router, or firewall software, a network admin may want to review the following Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572694-Add-Miro-to-allowed-domains

@Robert Johnson - Thank you for your fast response!
I’ve tested the WebSockets and it seems to be disconnected. However, I’m working on my personal PC for personal purpose and I don’t connect to my organization from this device. Therefore, I’m not using a VPN as well. I’m new to the notion of WebSockets.

However, I was able to enter the domains and subdomains and cleaned my cache memory again before restarting the Browser. It doesn’t work what I’ve done so far.

Would you have any other insights?

Thank you again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Janeth Hinostroza - What happens if you sign in through a private/Incognito browser window? This usually disables all browser extensions. 

And have you tried a Miro desktop app

@Robert Johnson,

Hello Robert,
I would like to thank you so much for your help! I had too much going on over the past month so I decided to use my iPad instead.

However, I came back to my PC because I have much bigger screens. So, Today was the day I tried again to understand what are these WebSockets and all.

Finally, I made it. This is what I changed:

The lists that contains domains and subdomains on the link you gave me here above, specifically those containing asterix need to be entered as follows: [*.]miro.com for example.

I’m so glad it worked!

Thank you so much for your time!

Hope you have a beautiful week!

Best Regards,

Janeth

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Janeth Hinostroza -  Glad to hear that you’re up and running again on your PC!

Out of curiosity, and for other community members reading this, where exactly did you make your changes, e.g., browser, Windows Firewall?