Need guidance creating a police suspect wall and timeline

• 23 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Our teem needs to develop the equivalent of an interactive police suspect wall that would allow us to feature suspects/entities, descriptions, associated images and online links. We also need to (visibly) link various individuals/entities with others and be able to annotate those linkages with descriptions (think of a string and the description of that link hanging on that string). The linkages may not always have to be visible, but possibly visible when hovering over an individual. 

In addition, we need some kind of (linear/zooming?) timeline that enables us to describe events that can contain links (i.e. news) and names of individuals/entities. The text/names of these individuals/entities would ideally be linked/point to their description on the suspect wall, and if possible, vice versa. 

I am new to Miro and would appreciate any guidance on which template(s) would best meet our needs, and to know whether Miro is in fact the best tool for us to use (or another is recommended). Of course we realize everything in the functionality described above might not be available. Finally, I would appreciate if any existing examples could be shared. 

Many thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Natabara -

This can be done using native Miro capabilities since there is no single template which covers all these needs.

For the entity relationship diagram, you could create a frame per entity containing the image, relevant info and links and then use connector lines with text on them to describe the relationships between the entities.

For the timeline, you could use Miro’s Timeline template. Each event could be described in its own rectangle shape and you could add Miro links within those shapes to enable zooming from an event to the entity you’d want to link it with.

Kiron

Thank you Kiron. I am not quite familiar with all the vocabulary but I will give it a try. 

Natabara