Moving components - wireframe

• 10 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello

I’m new here.

I opened a new whiteboard using “wireframes”.

I can click on the left to add a component or icon. But if I want to move on the whiteboard I cant.

I tried the following:

1. unlock all
  2. shortcut v (pointer blue)

I’m using the newest chrome browser.

Best regards

Niels

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Niels!

Great to hear that we have a new Miro user - and thanks for addressing your issue here! The beginnings can always be a bit difficult but I think we will manage this one quickly :muscle_tone2:

Do I understand you correctly that you chose a component from the Wireframe library and now you are trying to move this component around  on your board? If so and you are using a trackpad on your laptop, please double left click on the outer boarder of your component to select it. 

Once it is selected, you can left-click anywhere in the component and keep it pressed in order to move the object around on your board. 

This is what the object looks like when selected and ready to be moved around:

You might find our Help Center article Navigation mode interesting, especially when getting familiar with the Miro basics. In the article there’s also a handy little video explaining the different navigation modes.

Our Help Center offers a lot of useful information on all things Miro!

Our Miro Academy is another helpful (and fun!) resource if you want to learn more about Miro! You’ll find short, prerecorded courses here (for example on “Getting started with Miro”) and you can sign up for free live training sessions! 

I hope this helps :) If there’s anything else you’d like to know, we’re always here! :smiley: