Miro on Firefox (Nightly channel) hangs eating up all available memory

• 22 July 2021
  • 5 replies

When I go to my company board Miro loads and loads and memory used by browser goes to 100% of system memory.

I use Firefox Nightly 92, so I assume there is some fix needed in Miro to limit memory usage.

That’s the first web page that has such poor memory management.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Krzysztof Krason - Thanks for the heads up.

In the future, I would suggest reporting finding such as this to the Miro support team using this form - when filling out the form, select a Request area of Other → I have a general question or feedback.

I have now submitted this information to support.

Yeah, I tried, but couldn’t find where I should report it.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Krzysztof Krason - Yeah, it’s buried in the How to Contact Miro Support Help Center article.

If you’re on a paid plan, here’s another location:

learning center → Get help → Support:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Response from Miro support:

I discussed this case with my colleagues from the Tech team, and we don't seem to have any similar reports or specific restrictions connected to the Firefox Nightly 92 browser. So our assumption is that the performance issues are connected to the board’s size and amount of content on it. We would advise the user to apply the recommendations mentioned in this article and, if nothing helps, reach out to support and share the board with us for further investigation. 

I’ve actually encountered the very same issue, it seems that miro has some memory leak in FF 99.0 (64-bit), Mac OS, it completely trashes My OS … and as for the size of elements, its a reasonable small size Miro Board ...

Also strange, while using FF, I don’t see the shared boards in the team, though they apear in G Chrome …