Miro Board in reload loop on iOS15

• 29 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi Miroverse,

After I have updated to iOS15 one of my boards are not opening anymore. It gets stuck in a reload loop. after which it just times out. 

I am using it on an iPad Pro 12.9” on the Miro app. I have been using this for very long without any problem just after the update I have been experiencing this. Same issue on my iPhone on iOS15.

Opening this board on my Mac has no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Hannes,

Thanks for your question!

It's true, we have this issue now and we cannot fix it. We're waiting for the reply from Apple's representatives (the thread in the developer's forum with this issue). In a nutshell, in iOS/iPadOS15 Apple turned on a setting by default that decreases the performance of Miro app.The recommendation we can give now is to:

• Rollback to iPadOS14
  • Or use Miro in the Safari with the specific setting turned off. Users need to: Open Settings → Safari → Advanced (at the bottom) → Experimental features → Turn off "GPU Process: Canvas Rendering".

My apologies for the inconvenience it brought to you!

Has this been resolved? i am constantly getting the reload message when i open/add notes to my board and makes it impossible to quickly rely upon miro for thought/note capture as i intend to