Question

Mass edit shape sizes to make them all the same size

• 29 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how I can do an edit so that I edit the size of shape in a collective action in stead of individually changing all the shapes in my diagram. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shakeir Ahmed -

You can select all the objects and then holding down the Shift key, drag the selection rectangle to scale them up or down.

Kiron

Badge +1

Hi Kiron,

This does indeed scale them up or down however what it doesn't do is get all the shapes the same size. I have done a diagram whereby most of the shapes need to be resized to look more like a rectangle instead of a square. The method you have mentioned would just simply make them look bigger or smaller but it doesn't necessarily get them all looking the same if that makes sense? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Shakeir Ahmed -

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to resize shapes to all match a certain dimension. The way I’ve done something similar in the past is duplicate the same shape and use the shape morph tool to change it (e.g. square → circle). Alternately, you’d use the alignment guide lines to manually change the shape dimensions in relation to a baseline shape.

Kiron

Badge +1

Hi guys, thanks for your responses, it was as I suspected. Thank you for your help.