Question

Mac: Miro App appears for a moment, but never loads

• 29 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I am trying to use the Miro App on a  MacBook Pro with Intel Cores, running Catalina 10.15.7 but I cannot get the Intel Mac App to load successfully.

It seems to install fine but every time I start the app, the icon appears for a moment in the Dock and then disappears. I never get any error or other feedback.

I have uninstalled, re-downloaded, and re-installed - same problem.

I believe it has something to do with my organizations MFA. If I restart in Safe Mode I can start Miro and access my account and boards. But when I restart in normal mode, I’m back to a Miro App that loads and then quits.

Any ideas???

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JRC - I have never used a Mac, so the only troubleshooting I can offer is to share a link to the Miro Desktop App → Possible Issues and how to resolve them Help Center article - there is some information on The app cannot load stuck in a loop”.

Hopefully something in that article will help.

@Robert Johnson Thanks for the suggestion!

Update: I tried all the suggested options for Mac on Miro Desktop App → Possible Issues and how to resolve them Help Center article - and none were able to resolve my problem.

• I reset application data (from Safe Mode - the only way I can access the option), then rebooted and it did not resolve the problem.
  • I deleted and reinstalled the app (again) and it did not resolve the problem.
    Note: FWIW, I also checked to see if there was a ~/Library/Application Support/RealtimeBoard folder to remove it … and it was not there. Perhaps this is a clue?
  • I do not use MDM, so those options are unavailable to me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JRC - Thanks for the summary of troubleshooting taken so far. Unfortunately I have no other ideas. Have you opened a ticket with Miro support?

I have - I’ll be sure to post additional information here as it becomes available.