Live Data feeds

• 8 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Does anyone you know if Miro boards can take data feeds in - allowing them to become dashboards?

For example if I had a text box in Miro that said: “Temperature in Edinburgh” could I change another text field according to a data feed coming from an external source? ie. a feed from a live networked thermometer

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there, Chris!

Thanks for this awesome question! Let’s see if we can make it happen!

Generally, it is super easy to embed media on your board:

• click Paste iFrame code in the toolbar
  • this will open a dialogue box, where you will be able to paste the iFrame code of the file that you wish to upload to the board
  • once you paste the link and click Embed, the media will be shown on the boar - Voila!

Another - and probably the easiest - way to embed media is by simply using the shortcut Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V (for Windows) or Cmd+C/Cmd+V (for Mac). 

After reading your question I was looking for a live stream to embed on a board and I came across this falcon camera of the city of Zurich: https://www.stadt-zuerich.ch/ted/de/index/gsz/beratung-und-wissen/tier-und-mensch/falkenkamera.html. Their live stream works via youtube, so it was just a matter of 2 clicks to embed it on my board: 

If you’d like to read up on how to embed media on your Miro board, you will probably find this article interesting: Embedding media to boards.

Please let us know if this works for you and if not - you know where to find us! Happy whiteboarding!:crayon: