Lasso bug?

• 30 August 2021
  • 4 replies

When I try to use the lasso feature, it would cause the board to be unresponsive and stuck at the lasso feature. Restarting the board undo the crash, however I can’t use the lasso feature at all.

Is there any solution to this problem?

The lasso bug occured on all methods used to open the board:

1. Using google chrome
    • Windows 10
  2. Using miro app
    • Windows 10
  3. Using miro app
    • Ipad pro (2018)
    • IOS 14.6

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Stanson Conellie - I am unable to recreate your described issue on Windows 10 Home and Enterprise, using latest Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers, and the Miro desktop app.

Does this happen on every board?

If there are others members in your team, does this happen for them too?

The bug happens consistently in my main board, very rarely in a new board. I can only replicate it in the new board if I use the lasso 10 times in about 5 second period.

There is no team in the main board.

Is it perhaps possible to export content in my main board to a new board?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Stanson Conellie - It does sound like perhaps there is something in your main board that it causing the issue.

You could try a process-of-elimination exercise to identify if there is a specific object that is causing the lasso tool to freeze.

To start, rather than copying and pasting objects from the main board to a new board, you could Duplicate the main board. From the dashboard, right-click on it and use the Duplicate action. If the lasso tool doesn’t freeze in the duplicate, then yay!

If the freezing issue persists, then you could do as you suggested and

1. create a new board
  2. go to your main board and Unlock all by right-clicking on a blank spot on the board - required if you have any locked objects before selecting all objects in the next step
  3. Select all using Ctrl/Cmd+A
  4. Copy using Ctrl/Cmd+C
  5. Go to your new board and paste using Ctrl/Cmd+V

If you sill get freezing when using the lasso tool, then it is likely an object in the board that is causing the issue. I would then start deleting objects from you duplicated board until the lasso-freezing issue goes away.

Steps I would take:

1. Use the Shift+drag shortcut to start deleting blocks of objects and then trying the lasso tool. I would start with larger blocks of objects and then working your way down, e.g., delete half of the board, then a by quarters, eighths, etc.

Thank you so much for the shift + drag functionality! It is basically a less versatile lasso tool that fulfills what I need. 

I was able to delete one of Miro templates that was causing the lasso bug and now I can use the lasso tool in the original board.