Jira's Advanced Roadmap "Teams" Field not appearing in Miro

• 15 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

We have Miro Teams and use Jira Cards. In our Jira environment, we have Advanced Roadmaps. The only thing we do with this is use the Team field that now appears in all Jira items.

The Team field, however, is required for Jira to work properly, but does not show up in Miro.

I am unable to find any way to resolve this. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Michael

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Nikita Granin,

Thanks for your reply. We are not using the Tempo plugin. We are using the Advanced Roadmap feature of Jira, which provides for a Team field.

Basically, this means for each PBI (product backlog item, such as story, task, etc.) there are 2 fields, Project and Team. Project is already base, and used by every Jira user as the first field in any PBI. Team, however, is the team actually doing the work, and controls what backlog this item appears on. Further, Team is required for Jira Advanced Roadmaps, as well. 

We cannot remove, or stop using, the Team field. It would mean that the PBIs would no longer appear in any team backlog.

Thanks,

Michael

Userlevel 1

unfortunately for us it’s not feasible to make this Team field optional since it’s the main organizing force in Jira for all boards and reporting. If left as optional there would all of a sudden be orphaned issues created from Miro (and elsewhere). I’ve created a similar wish list item here fwiw: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/add-support-for-required-custom-fields-in-jira-notably-the-tempo-team-field-6094 

Our company also needs this team field as we are using split Jira project into different backlogs.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Michael Simmons,

Thanks for asking your question!

As I understand, you are using Teams field, which is added by the Tempo plugin. Please correct me if I am wrong. Unfortunately, there is no technical possibility to support this field right now.  As workaround, you can make this field a non-mandatory field ( instead of required).

Would you like to submit your idea to our Wish List? By adding your idea, you’ll help us collect all the feedback in one place and create a live community of passionate contributors that drives change together!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Michael Simmons,

Thank you for clarification!

I spoke with our Tech team, and they advised to make this field optional (not mandatory) if that is possible. Then this field will not be an obstacle. To add, they’ve noted this as a feature request. So, once again, thank you for sharing this case!