Answered

Is there a way to open boards in a new tab, per default?

• 24 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Is there option to open boards in a new tab, per default? Would be great when opening a number of boards that exist on a list. I know you can right click and choose “open in new tab”, but if you are scrolling through a list it’s enough to forget one time and you have to start all over.

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 24 May 2021, 14:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Henrik Håkansson -

This isn’t a native feature for Miro so unless you can configure your browser to open links in new tabs by default, I’d recommend adding it as a wish list topic following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

@David Fite - The quickest way I accomplish this when using a browser (works in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, at least) is by clicking on a board link in my Miro dashboard using my mouse wheel (simulates a Ctrl+left click and opens the link in a new tab). I actually use this on any website that I want to open a link in a new tab.

You could also try the Miro desktop app, which only opens boards in new tabs → https://miro.com/apps/

This works perfectly if you are still on your dashboard, but once you are on a Miro Board, you cant open the dashboard in a new tab - You have to duplicate the current tab and then go back to the Dashboard. Would be cool if the Mouse-wheel-click would also work once you are on a miro board and click on the miro logo in the upper left corner…

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lasse_UPDesign - If it helps, from within a Miro board, you should be able to use Ctrl/Cmd+left-click on the Miro logo to open the dashboard in a new tab - or at least this is working for me in Chrome on Windows 11.

And I can confirm that this also works with Chrome and Firefox under Windows 10 :)

Super cool, thank you!

This should be a table stakes feature. I like to have all my Miro boards on one page and it’s annoying that every time I select a board, I have to click back, or open a new duplicate tab and then click back to get back to my boards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@David Fite - The quickest way I accomplish this when using a browser (works in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, at least) is by clicking on a board link in my Miro dashboard using my mouse wheel (simulates a Ctrl+left click and opens the link in a new tab). I actually use this on any website that I want to open a link in a new tab.

You could also try the Miro desktop app, which only opens boards in new tabs → https://miro.com/apps/