Is there a "Laser pointer" for disсussions?

• 6 May 2020
  • 6 replies

I just had my first workshop with about 10 People and missed one feature I couldn’t find anywhere: while discussing the sticky notes everybody collaborated to the board, we were sometimes at a loss which Note was talked about. Since there were so many collaborators, the collaborator cursors where hidden. Is there some other way to have a sort of pointer for the moderator to show what object we are talking about at the moment?

Marina 3 years ago

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Peer -

If the collaborator cursors are turned off and you aren’t using a screen share approach, the only workaround I could suggest might be to temporarily change the color of the object being discussed so that everyone knows which it is. For example, if all the stickies are lime green, change the one being discussed to yellow and then change it back afterwards. With a screen share (not with Miro but with an external video conferencing tool like Zoom or WebEx), the facilitator could just zoom in to the object being discussed.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

This works really well in Slack screen sharing. It’s more like a temporary marker that dissolves after a few seconds of inactivity.

I would love this feature in Miro.

This works really well in Slack screen sharing. It’s more like a temporary marker that dissolves after a few seconds of inactivity.

I would love this feature in Miro.

yes! something like this is implemented in Google jamboard, I like the idea

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

These ideas might be relevant here: 

You are welcome to add your comments there and upvote :relaxed:

Userlevel 1

A marker that automatically disappears after a few seconds would be super useful for this.

I personally draw a ‘green-arrow-shape’ and move that to point to what I’m talking about.

For example (and then I move it to the next object I talk about next) :