I want to be able to create a page a google sites similar to the one on Miroverse that I can share internally within my organisation.
To be able to do that I was wondering if it is possible to create the use template button on a google site.
Any advice is appreciated!
Best answer by Robert Johnson
Luckily because you are looking to share Custom Templates, rather than storing you templates in the “Custom Template” editor/framework, you could manage your Custom Templates as private boards what are in Anyone with the link → Can view mode and the Board Content Settings set to allow for anyone with the board access to be able to copy.
Here’s how the process could work:
- Copy your Custom Template to a new board
- Create a folder called “Templates (Public)” - or something similar - basically “Templates” first, to keep things alphabetical should you want a “Templates (Private)” or “Templates (Draft) folders.
- Set the board’s Share settings to
- Team access → No access
- Anyone with the link → Can view (or set to “No access” until you are ready to share)
- Sharing settings → Permissions → Who can copy board content → Anyone with the board access (if you don’t see this option, a Team Admin will need to configure it)
- When the Template is ready for consumption, you would share a link to it anyway you’d like with the instructions that the user
- Clicks on the board title
- Uses the Duplicate action
Try it now with this board that I have configured using the above steps: