Input lag

• 21 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’m using Miro for a while now and I think it’s the best board out there in most ways. There is an issue that I find maddening, there is a substantial input lag from the first line written only getting worse as you write. I use a very capable system, i7-10700K, Samsung 980 EVO SSD (3Gb writes) and 16 GB of 3200 MHz, low latency RAM.

My tablet has no issues with latency writing on other boards SmoothDraw, MS Whiteboard, Zoom board etc. On Miro, regardless of platform (Web version, Desktop) I notice input lag that makes it difficult to write.

I assume this is linked to the smoothing algorithms that take a long time to process even on a fairly high-end system. Could there be a low latency mode that uses less demanding algorithms, as I see many users have a similar issue.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mihailo Plavsic -

Is there any way you could take and post a Loom (or similar) video illustrating the issue as this is not something I’ve encountered? Are you noticing this when you are the only board user or when there are multiple other folks collaborating on the same board?

Does this happen on all boards regardless of how much content already exists in the board?

Kiron

I can provide a video. You can see the lines clearly lagging behind the cursor. That makes it extremely difficult to write clearly or even draw a somewhat straight line. I feel like this issue wasn't always there. But it's been a while since I used Miro (with a graphics tablet).
Miro Lag Video

System: Miro Desktop 0.7.0, HW acceleration enabled. macOS 12.0.1 on MBP13 2019, 2.4 GHz i5, 16GB

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Daniel Wittekind -

Wow - that is a very noticeable lag! I’d definitely recommend opening a Miro support request for this and provide them with the URL to the video so they can see it happening and let them know it happens through both the app and the browser access method: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron