"Infinite Zoom" stops at 400%? Surely that's not infinite zoom?

• 2 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I’m coming back to using Miro now, and I seem to remember that previously I was able to zoom in as much as I like, and add additional objects and stickers after having zoomed in… Am I manufacturing that memory?
It’s just that I often start anywhere in a project, and as I work, things get deeper and shallower, but Miro doesn’t allow me to zoom in any deeper on my ipad (or any other device), and the thickness of my pencil also doesn’t seem to get thinner so I can’t write any smaller if I want to dive deeper into a particular section.

Am I missing something? or is there a way around this?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@humbleambition - As far as I can remember, max zoom as always been 400%.

The only reference of “infinite” that I recall is to the canvas itself.

hmm. Thanks. Maybe I’m confusing the app that I’d used. I’ll go looking for that one.

I’m also thinking that I was able to zoom more than 400% before. At least I need this feature when I want to fine tune line endings etc.

This would be quite useful when we add images to the board.

I’ve added some images with a small size and I was expecting zoom to be unlocked so I was able to zoom in on those images as needed.

I understand that most of the times 400% as maximum is ok, but I don’t see real benefit on having this value locked.

Voting for more zoom unlocked! 

Hello everyone,

Regarding the discussion on zoom limitations in Miro, one possible workaround could be to select the entire board and scale everything accordingly. Given that the canvas is infinite, this approach should theoretically be feasible, and 400% zoom might just prove to be adequate.

By scaling the entire board, it may potentially allow for a deeper level of exploration and fine-tuning of elements, including images and other details. While 400% zoom could be sufficient in many cases, this method could offer additional flexibility when needed.

I hope this suggestion helps, but I'm not entirely certain if it addresses all the concerns raised.