I just came to rage about ARROWS

• 28 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Miro overall great product. A bit annoyed I had to upgrade today in order to export a larger size board, but hey can’t win everything. 

One thing I did wish though for since I’m now a paying miro user, is that ARROWS didn’t auto connect, weirdly self select curve (who uses curved arrows?!) Is there a button for automatically creating straight arrows. Figma and indesign use shift, I believe. It’s just a nightmare. I begging you please make these easier to use. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@cantthinkofone - You cannot set the default properties of connection lines.

There are a few Wish List Idea posts that you could include your asks in as comments (and upvote the post):

However, if you feel that idea doesn’t truly reflect what you are looking to accomplish, you can always add your own Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

FYI: The only shortcuts I know related to connection lines are:

💡To draw a straight horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line, start drawing a line and hold Shift.

💡To disable snapping to other objects hold Ctrl (for Windows) or Cmd (for Mac).

5c614a3dbe01f.gif
Drawing a straight line and a standalone line

More on Connection Lines in the following Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730733-Connection-Lines