Answered

How to work with Jira sub-tasks

Userlevel 1

I am working with story boards and have some detail in sub-tasks under a Jira story.  I am able to find and insert a Jira story into my Miro story board fine, but I would like to see the sub-tasks too.  When I edit the Jira story within Miro, I can’t even see the sub-tasks. 

Is there something I can do to be able to work with story sub-tasks?

icon

Best answer by Vlada 27 June 2020, 11:09

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Gary Schneir!

I’m afraid the sub-tasks are not displayed when you edit a Jira story within Miro indeed. I’ve already shared your request with the Product team, thank you for drawing this to our attention!

Though it is not currently possible to create Jira sub-tasks within Miro, you can add them as cards to your board 1) by copying a link to a subtask and pasting it on the board or 2) by adding it from the picker. You can find sub-tasks on the list manually but the search for sub-tasks is not supported yet.

Just to register interest in the feature here too. :) It would be nice to search for a epic and get all stories and sub-tasks related in the result

We also need the possiblity to create subtasks and reference to an existing issue from miro in JIRA.

Hi @Gary Schneir!

I’m afraid the sub-tasks are not displayed when you edit a Jira story within Miro indeed. I’ve already shared your request with the Product team, thank you for drawing this to our attention!

Though it is not currently possible to create Jira sub-tasks within Miro, you can add them as cards to your board 1) by copying a link to a subtask and pasting it on the board or 2) by adding it from the picker. You can find sub-tasks on the list manually but the search for sub-tasks is not supported yet.

Any clue on when creating subtask from Miro will be possible?

Would love to bump this as well as being a great feature. 

Hi @Vlada ,

Understanding there is no way at this moment to create Jira cards for sub-task.

Option to find it manually on the list is a workaround difficult to manage when number of Jira projects and items created, but for now I am using advanced search using jql

Could you advance us when sub-tasks will be supported  (in search and creation) ?

Thanks in advance

Just bumping this too as it would be the one missing piece that would help us completely facilitate sprint planning via the awesome interface of MIro instead of Jira. Is there any update on when we will be able to support subtask creation especially?

@Vlada hey! any news on this feature? having an option to create/transform cards into subtask is a missing piece here. Apart from that - great job! when can we expect an update?

@Vlada Hi again, any update on this? I might have to abandon Miro for sprint planning again as the volume of subtasks I have to manually manage for each story/task is getting too much without some proper support.  :disappointed_relieved:

+1 on this feature. Any update?? for our way of working, its a real No Go to use Miro with Jira without the ability to see /convert subtasks

I would also like to bump this request up as well! Much needed feature!

+1 on this. 

Not being able to see sub-tasks is super frustrating. The work around of adding a link is not sufficient. 

Please can you advise when this feature will be enhanced in order to allow adding sub-tasks, as you would a story, to Miro boards?

Bit +1 on adding sub-tasks to Miro.  Really limits the usefulness of the Jira integration. On a story map, the Jira tickets update in real time - but you can’t with sub-tasks. Makes no sense.

+1 on this. @Vlada can we get an update on this?

+1 on this. 

+1 would be great to import subtasks form Jira to Miro.

I’m helping a Design Team to set a Kanban and centralize all their tasks from different stakeholders. Exemple : IT Teams could create subtasks inside a User Story & I wanted to import those subtasks inside the Miro board of the Design team.

+1 We also need a feature to work with subtasks!