Answered

How to present embedded Google Slides Presentation?

• 18 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi guys! 

I built a multi-sheet, interactive Miro board presentation, also including embedded Google Slides Presentations. 

However if I share my screen with other users and click through the embedded Google Slides, the others only see the title page of the presentation. 

Am I missing something? Is it possible that viewers can directly follow my Google Slides presentation in Miro? 

Thank you for the help in advance 

Best Raphael 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 19 January 2021, 17:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RaphaelKarma - A workaround could be to extract all of the slides on the board or add them as images. Here’s how:

1. you could try extracting/splitting the PowerPoint into individual slides:
  2. And depending on how many slides you have, you should be able to copy the slides in PowerPoint (from the thumbnail view) and paste the onto the board (using Ctrl/Cmd + V) and they will become .png image files:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RaphaelKarma - I was just playin around with this - both embedded PowerPoint and PDFs and as a janky workaround you could “pin” each page as you cycle through your slides - this does appear to update the PowerPoint/PDF for the other board participants.

In this example, I am on the left, and I added myself as a guest in another Miro account and browser on the right:

Thank you for your answer Robert!

Would be a cool future feature though to have real time screen sharing via Miro ;)

Best, 
Raphael 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RaphaelKarma - When you use the Miro screen sharing feature, other board participants will only see what you are doing on that specific board. Because embedded media exists on an external source, it is only displayed to the user who opens it.

If you want the other board participants to see exactly what you are seeing, you will need to share your screen using 3rd party screen sharing software, e.g., Zoom, Teams, Webex, GoToMetting.