Answered

How to navigate through presentation mode while sharing the screen in Miro

• 19 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Dear community, 

I was trying to share my screen today while being in presentation mode. Unfortunately, I could not see on which page I was while sharing the screen because the screen-sharing dashboard overlapped with the presentation mode dashboard. Can someone help me out how I can still see the page and thus  quickly switch between frames while being in presentation and screen-sharing mode simultaneously?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Philipp

icon

Best answer by Isman Tanuri 19 June 2020, 18:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @Philipp Scherer I believe you can't do both Screen-Sharing and Presentation modes both at the same time. If you try and click on the Presentation icon during Screen-sharing, it doesn't light up. So there's probably nothing behind the Screen-sharing dashboard.

The workaround is to use the Frames menu while screen-sharing. You can click through the Frames like in a presentation.

What I have done (and pretty successfully) is to stop using screen-sharing. Before I start a presentation, I go the frame with the slides, "bring everyone to me" and then use the Frames menu to click through. In this way, I can even get participants to do work and participate right on a particular frame/slide. Presentations can get really interactive. Here's an example:

Combining Presentation Mode with Screenshare

Im planning a session to introduce MIRO to a diverse group of people across multiple orgs, I was planning to use ‘Guests can View’ link in combination with screen share and presentation mode to do this. 

However, when I start screen sharing, my guests can’t join the session. I upgrade them to guest editors (not ideal) and they can join the screen sharing session….

However, when I use screen sharing, presentation mode is disabled - ie I can't advance between frames. 

Is there any way around this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ralph Mackinder -

Unfortunately not - there may be a wish list topic already created for this, but if not, you can submit one following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

I (and a bunch of other members) have been using a combination of Miro with 3rd party tools like Zoom for this.

Kiron

Thanks Kiron - I will submit a feature request 

Would seem an obvious feature. 

We want participants to see the quality of the MIRO Board in a presentation environment without resorting to lower quality screen shares through Google Meet or Zoom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I personally have stopped using Screensharing or Presentation mode. This only works if all the content you want to present are on Frames.

Step 1: "Bring everyone to me"

Step 2: Click through your pre-arranged frames using the Frame sidebar.

A benefit of this approach is that your participants can actually interact and engage with your content. I personally make my participants contribute their thoughts (using stickies) on my presentation slides.