Question

How to make a board that is the only board viewable by guests

• 7 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello community…

I’m not a super experienced Miro user, but I’m trying to create a board that we can invited a customer to (guests, not part of our company) so that they can collaborate with us on a project.

I only want this board viewable to the guests.  when i created a test invite to my personal email (to test this), it gave me access to the board, but i could also navigate to see all our boards...(not what i want).

Thank you in advance for help with setting up this single board privacy…

cheers...

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@anthony sperling - Interesting question. Since you only want the board to be viewable to guests, there are at least two ways to do this.

For both options, you will want to set the board’s “Team” sharing setting to be set to “No access”. AND, you will want to be sure that the board is not in a project to which any other team members have been given access to as project permissions can override board permissions in that scenario. When these two conditions are met, only the board owner will be able to see this board from the team dashboard.

Option #1 - Add non-team member directly to board with View access only

Requirements:

1. User has a Miro account

From the board’s Share settings:

NOTE: This may not be possible on the Enterprise Plan.

Option #2 -  Use the Anonymous Guest Editor feature

For full details on this feature, see Collaboration with Anonymous Guest Editors.

Requirements:

1. If on the Enterprise Plan, the Company Admin has allowed for public access via the Sharing Policy. If they have not, then you won’t have the “Anyone with the link” option available and you can stop right there.
  2. You must password project the board because, even though you’ve set the team access to “no access”, if a team member gets ahold of the board link, they won’t be able to access the board without the password.

From the board’s Share settings: