Answered

How to delete Basic Step in Process Diagram

• 26 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi

I am trying to delete the basic (first) step in the process diagram - I do not need it, I wolud like to start from the second one. But when I push Delete, all the diagramm (all the steps that follows) is deleted. How can I fix it?

The yellow one I want to delete and start the diagram from the step at the right (without colour), but when I delete the yellow one, all the steps that are situated at the right are erased. HELP!!!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 26 July 2021, 16:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Valeriia A -

If this diagram is using the mindmap object then that first step is actually the top node of the mind map and hence deleting it would delete the full structure. Are you able to confirm if it is indeed a mind map?

Kiron

Kiron, thanks for a quick reply. Well I guess the answer is Yes - it is made as a mind map, but I really do not need the first step anymore. I want the second step to become the first. Or may be I can somehow easily change the type of the diagram?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Valeriia A -

You can use the reassign node capability to move the child nodes away from the root. Once the root has no children, you can then delete it.

Here’s the info from the Help Center article on the mind map object:

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Valeriia A - One quick way to accomplish this is to select the node that you want to the new root/parent/main node and then duplicate it using either the Duplicate action from the context menu or the Ctrl/Cmd + D shortcut. Then delete the original.

@Robert Johnson OMG! That’s simple and it actually worked! Thanks a lot!!!