Answered

How do you move a single line

• 26 April 2020
  • 8 replies

How do you actually move a single line ? 

Once I draw a line,  I cannot move a line.  If I duplicate it, I can move it. But once 

it is in some place - I just cannot move it ?   I have tried to look at the documentation but 

cannot find an answer to this.  I can move rectangle etc. but just cannot move a line. 

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 26 April 2020, 23:43

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You should be able to click and drag anywhere on the line other than the ends and the mid-point “split point”. I did this in the web browser app but I’m assuming it works the same in the standalone app as well...

Thanks for the answer.

I have my line in a rectangle. It does not move.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@abcdef -

Very interesting!

If you create the line within an existing shape such as a rectangle, that seems to lock it to the shape so that when you move the shape, the line moves with it, and there doesn’t appear to be a way to move the line.

On the other hand, if you create the shape around the line, then the line can be moved independently.

That is odd behavior - I’d suggest opening a support ticket on this unless one of the Mironeers or other community members can explain why this is happening…

Kiron

It’s super frustrating. It makes the “line” feature unusable when trying to work with in in wireframes.

Just a related tip: The line type should be straight unless it won’t move.

I think I found the solution - when you draw a line inside a rectangle, it gets connected to the rectangle.  

You can see this by moving around the rectangle, it will also move around one end of the line. Thus, you can’t move the line separately.

What worked for me was to copy the line(s), delete the rectangle, paste the lines again. Quirky, but works.

I think I found the solution - when you draw a line inside a rectangle, it gets connected to the rectangle.  

You can see this by moving around the rectangle, it will also move around one end of the line. Thus, you can’t move the line separately.

What worked for me was to copy the line(s), delete the rectangle, paste the lines again. Quirky, but works.

This worked for me, thank you! What a strange experience of moving a line on an otherwise excellent tool

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hold Shortcut Key [Ctrl] when placing the Line End Points to disable Snaping (Gluing) to Objects @abcdef Also, holding Shift Key will lock the Horizontal, Vertical, and 45 Angle orientation of the Line.