How do I prevent a new board from being created when I start the iPad App?

As the subject says, I’d like to be able to start the iPad app and have it go to the board selection screen rather than have it immediately create me a new board.  This is very annoying as I frequently I want to launch the app and then go view/edit a previously created board.  Instead I have to exit out of the newly created board, then delete it so I don’t end up with a bunch of Untitled boards littering up my view.  Clicking the New Board button when I actually want a new board would be much preferred (which is how the web application works). Hopefully there is something simple that I am overlooking, but I just can’t seem to find it.  Any help appreciated, thanks,

Matt

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Matthew Conway -

I’m not seeing this behavior when accessing it via my iPad. It is bringing me to the dashboard for the last Team which I visited through the web application (my normal way of accessing Miro). I’m on the Consultant plan.

Are you on one of the paid plans or one the free plan?

Kiron

I’m on the paid “Team” plan.  The iPad app always creates a new board on start regardless of where I leave the web app (team board view, project view, an existing team board, etc)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That is pretty odd - I’ve just jumped between a few different teams on the iPad app and it didn’t create any new boards. I do have the “+New board” tile available in the dashboard but unless I press it, I’m not getting a new board generated.

As I mentioned, I am on the Consultant plan so I’m not sure if this behavior is normal for someone on the Team plan or not. I’d suggest contacting Miro Support to get confirmation of that…

Kiron

Ok, thanks for the help, I’ll try support

Did anyone provide an answer? I have the same issue.

As the subject says, I’d like to be able to start the iPad app and have it go to the board selection screen rather than have it immediately create me a new board.  This is very annoying as I frequently I want to launch the app and then go view/edit a previously created board.  Instead I have to exit out of the newly created board, then delete it so I don’t end up with a bunch of Untitled boards littering up my view.  Clicking the New Board button when I actually want a new board would be much preferred (which is how the web application works). Hopefully there is something simple that I am overlooking, but I just can’t seem to find it.  Any help appreciated, thanks,

Matt

I have the same problem on my iPad (Team plan). Now my trash bin is full of untitled boards. Every time Miro on iPad is launched/relaunched (often it doesn’t to go previously opened board) it goes to a newly created blank untitled board, not to the dashboard. ☹️

Any news/update on this? My trash bin is full of untitled boards now await automatic removal… :sweat:  Only if the app stops creating new blank board every time launching Miro on iPad.

I have the exact same issue, is someone going to help here please ? 

Userlevel 3

Exact same issue. Is there no solution to this annoying problem??