How do I insert a simple checkbox toggle for task lists?

• 23 April 2020
  • 16 replies

I would like to be able to scatter check boxes (or some other form of to-do list toggle) around my mind map.

I have found icons that look like checked boxes, but I can’t seem to find an interactive way to check things off by clicking.

mlanders 3 years ago

Hi @Hal ,

whats about placing an kanban near your mindmap - here you can drag and drop tasks from one region to an other:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022846473-Kanban

A additional workaround could be to use the Visual-Notes section for your questions:

Michael

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 3

Took me a while to find working Checkboxes in the Wireframe Library app, but it works well. Hope that saves others some time!

Userlevel 1

Add/toggle emojis between

:white_check_mark: Done

:white_check_mark: Done 

:white_circle: Still to do

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Or add comments to each node - you could then flag them as “Resolved”

Thank you for your quick reply!

And thanks for the pointers.

I am sure one of these will work.

I had need for a simple toggle checkbox tool from day one. After getting over the surprise that there isn’t one, I now place a shape next to the thing I want a binary indicator associated with and set the initial parameters to stroke and no fill. Then when I want to indicate the state has changed (eg, the task is done) I change the shape to fill and no stroke.

Works perfectly for me, hope that helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @Hal ,

whats about placing an kanban near your mindmap - here you can drag and drop tasks from one region to an other:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022846473-Kanban

A additional workaround could be to use the Visual-Notes section for your questions:

Michael

I simply use color coding for indication if one branch is already done in the Mindmap. But maby a simple checkbox would be helpful, as well.

Anyway it would be nice to get a connection between a Kanban and a Mindmap, mapped by the name of the task.

Took me a while to find working Checkboxes in the Wireframe Library app, but it works well. Hope that saves others some time!

Really cool solution to adding checkboxes to Miro - thanks for sharing how to do it!! :-)

I use Miro to take notes during user tests. I would find a check box very useful to track task completion. It needs to be a quick interaction that I can check to indicate whether the user could complete the task or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Josiah Lybbert. Did you try the suggestion posted by @Daniel Herrera? Should be swift enough of you set it up in advance. 🙂

@Henrik Ståhl Wow, I didn’t see that one. Thanks!

Using the wireframe looks really nice, but I can't attach it to a branch, or at least I don't know how.

This is the problem I run into as well. The fact that I can’t keep the checkbox grouped with any branch means if I make any changes to the mindmap, the checkboxes unfortunately fall out of place. Actually, I can’t figure out how to keep anything attached to a mindmap branch. Does anyone have any suggestions? Even a shape or something other than a checkbox could work, I just need to attach things to mindmap branches.

Attach to branch:

1. Rightclick on branch
  2. choose “create frame”
  3. Add tickbox as shown above (within the frame)
Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@VirtualMo 

A really good idea to work with.

Thanks for sharing

Michael

Using the wireframe looks really nice, but I can't attach it to a branch, or at least I don't know how.

The comment field has potential, but the comment is gone after I complete it.

Now I work with text colours, but is this the way to go.

Is still the preferred solution, or did Miro come up with something else?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

This is really nice !