How do I find out who is the owner of a deleted board (to restore it)?

• 12 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello :)

We are working in a board. The one who created the board (and probably the owner) has left the company, but can still log in to miro, but is no longer the owner. But the problem is: somehow none of us is the owner now and the board has been deleted. Since no one is owner (or admin), no one can restore it. Help!
How do I find out who is owner or admin?
Or is there another way to restore the board?
We have already checked all the bins, we could not find the board again.

Thanks a lot!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Elisabeth Ries -

Other than contacting the departed board owner to see if they have the board’s URL in their browser history and attempting to access it that way, you’d likely need to open a Miro support request here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale  Thanks! I have the URL, but unfortunately I don't know who the owner is.... I will ask at the Support Center, thanks for the tip!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Elisabeth Ries -

Since you have the URL, what happens when you try to open the board using it? If it launches, can you copy the content from it to a new board?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

Everybody sees this:

The problem is that nobody is the owner or admin… So nobody can restore it

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Elisabeth Ries -

Ouch! Has the board owner been removed from the team they were in where this board existed? Your company or team admin could do that and then this message should hopefully not show up. If that doesn’t work, then Miro support is likely your only option.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale So it would be good if the former owner is removed from the team? Then I would ask our company administrator to do that. Thanks for the tip!

If you contact your team admin, she should be able to see this screen (with a restore option) instead: