Question

How can I unlock my board?

• 11 July 2021
  • 1 reply

My board is inactive now, because “my team has reached the free plan’s limit”. One of my team’s members was my another profile mirosoftsofa@gmail.com. I’ve already removed it. Now I have just 3 members in my team. Can I get free plan again?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Анастасия Парфенова - The Free Plan has  a limit on active boards and not team members - the Free Plan allows for unlimited active members.

Can I get free plan again?

How can I summarize this…

Everyone is entitled to use the Free Plan version of Miro. If your Miro account profile is already a member of a Free Plan team, then Miro has met its promise of allowing you use to Miro for free. From there, your profile can be added to an unlimited number of Free Plan teams. If you try to use the “Add teams” action, you will only be able to choose the option to create a new paid team.

The only time you can create a new Free Plan team on an existing Miro profile is if you were to leave ALL teams that you are a member of - this  can be due to your leaving the team or someone deleting you from a team.

If you want to have your board active again, you will need to

1. delete one of the other boards, however, you will need to be the board owner to do so - note: You can also open up multiple boards in different browser tabs, copy and paste content from board A to board B and then delete board A.
  2. Create a new Free Plan team by either creating a new Miro account profile, or using mirosoftsofa@g* and leaving any teams that mirosoftsofa@g* is still a member of. At that point you will be prompted to create a new Free Plan team. Then, you could add your other email address (the one that belongs to the team where the board is inactive) to the new Free Plan team that is attached to mirosoftsofa@g*. Once you do this, you would use the “Move to account” option to move the board from the old team to the team that is attached to mirosoftsofa@g*.