Answered

Hide frame titles

• 22 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi there,

I am working on a large board with 20+ frames organised all nice and neatly. I love that I can use the frames sidebar to quickly navigate between them, however when I’m zoomed out the board looks a mess as the frame titles don’t scale down (and in fact visually are just a duplicate of the text box title I put in each frame that does scale).

I would love to have the ability to toggle frame titles on or off - effectively so that they are still there as a meta for the frame (allowing me to navigate using the frames panel) but not messing up the visuals of the board.

Once I have put a properly formatted title on each frame using a text box having the frame title always visible doesn’t help at all.

Is this possible please? 

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 22 June 2020, 13:59

@John White -

There is a somewhat related thread here about auto-scaling frame titles when you zoom out (https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/make-frame-titles-smaller-when-zoomed-out-986) so you may wish to vote for that item and add your idea about hiding it to the same wish…

Kiron

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@John White -

There is a somewhat related thread here about auto-scaling frame titles when you zoom out (https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/make-frame-titles-smaller-when-zoomed-out-986) so you may wish to vote for that item and add your idea about hiding it to the same wish…

Kiron

It’s labeled as “Solved”, so than how can I turn frame labels off?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Agreed toggling would be very helpful.  Using frames or organize Excel output and facilitate navigation but Frame titles are confusing the board.  Would love the option to toggle on/off.

Thanks,

Scott

I still don’t see a solution to turn off frame names???  seems a simple enough thing...

Badge

Partly solved. (Solved if you don’t care to name the frames at all): 

when you click the dropdown > rename > “delete” so that it is empty, then hit Enter.

Luckily there is no auto-overwrite when nothing is entered for the name.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Not solved: when you delete the frame name, the frames are no longer named in the navigation, which makes the navigation panel almost useless.

Badge

Not solved.  See above comments - all relevant.