Follow me function not working

Hi everyone,

I am facing the problem, that the ‘bring everyone to me’ function is not working properly.

I was sharing a board with a colleague using a daypass. Although miro depicts them as an ‘editor’ they are unable to click on the ‘bring everyone to me’ button, it seems to be deactivated.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Arwed - How many other participants were present on the board at the time they were trying to close the action? If they were the only one on the board, the action will be greyed out/disabled. 

@Robert Johnson thanks for your answer!

There are two participants: the board owner and one editor.

The board owner is able to use the function, the editor not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Arwed - Have the board owner check if they have the following feature in the board’s Sharing settings:

Permissions tab → Who can start collaboration tools:

if so, this needs to be set to All editors (except visitors by link) (aka, Guest Editors).

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Arwed -  And to confirm, when you click on your avatar, you are Editor and not Guest editor at the time this is happening?

@Robert Johnson

I’m afraid I have different options for my sharing settings

Also the interface of my miro board seems a bit different:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Arwed - You have to click on your avatar:

@Robert Johnson and then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Arwed - “Milena Monssen” is the board owner. Is this you? Or is the user “A” on the board you?

I Am A (Arwed) and MIlena Monssen is the Owner. 

I am currently using both accounts simultaneously with two different browsers for the trouble shooting

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Arwed - When on the board as yourself, what is your exact role showing as? (Like inmy screenshots above.)

it shows, that I am an editor:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Arwed - Because you are an “Editor” and not “Guest editor”, yes, you should be able to use the Bring everyone to me feature as per the Attention Management help center article, Bring everyone to me is not available for Guest Editors:

So, I think we are trending towards a Miro support ticket. However, let’s try one more thing.

NOTE: Because you are using Day Passes, you could be using the Consultant, Business, or Enterprise Plan. Depending on which plan, the steps below may vary.

Let’s see if you have the new “Co-owner” role on this account/team and can enable it for your Arwed account on these boards.

As Melina, try going into the Team profile settings:

And then the Permissions tab and Enable the co-owner role:

If that option is there and enabled, while signed in as Melina, you should be able to add yourself to the the board here:

And set your access to Is co-owner:

And now you should have the option to allow co-owners to start collaboration tools (includes “bring everyone to me”, aka, Attention Management).

If all of those settings are in available, were you able to use the Bring everyone to me feature?

it seems that in Melina does not have a bullett point for the collaboration options within the permissions. 

Might have something to do with the business plan we have chosen.

However, thank you so much for your help, I have learned a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Arwed - Okay, I think I have this sorted out now.

In my first animated GIF, I was the Board owner, so I was able to use Bring everyone to me. And, because my account has a beta feature enabled, I was able to do this as an Editor.

Upon further review of the Attention Management Help Center article, what is not clear and explicitly stated is if the Bring everyone to me feature is only available for the Board owner (and coming-soon Co-owner) role.

Given this information about the Bring everyone to me feature:

... and then the exclusion of Bring everyone to me at the bottom of the article:

… we are left to assume that Bring everyone to me is only available to the board owner role. The good news is that the following co-owner role feature is expected to be rolling out very soon and would allows Melina to assign you this role, giving you more control over the boards.

@Marina - Perhaps the Attention Management article could be updated to provide clarification on who can use Bring everyone to me.

I would suggest subscribing to Miro’s official Changelog for updates on new features. And you may want to subscribe to the Changelog Feedback section of this forum.

Workaround

Melina makes you the board You could

1. have Melina add you to the board’s Share settings as an Editor
  2. once this is done, she could go back into the Sharing settings and change your role from Editor to Is owner:

Sorry for any confusion that it took us this long to figure this out.