Export wireframes

i am creating wireframe and would like to export the board as image. I am using one of the default wireframing template which has the smartphone vector. Is there anyway that when i export the board, it will include the “smartphone”? currently when i export, it will only export the content inside the “smartphone”. Either I create rectangle shapes to hold each content, or my content is just like floating object in the image.

Robert Johnson 2 years ago

@AmK / @mvandillen / @Nicolas Schepers / @Rob McNeill / @Jonathan White / @Kiron Bondale:

It looks like Miro has made some updates in the past ten months.

When I export a frame with a wireframe as an image, I don’t see the wireframe objects “frame”, e.g., smartrphone:

But when I export as Vector/PDF, I do see the frame:

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina -

Can you check with the product team if this behavior is by design (i.e. wireframe templates are not exported in either JPG or PDF formats, only the contents within the template) as that seems really odd?

Kiron

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Tammie Leung,

Congrats for finding a pretty significant bug! I tried a few experiments and the Phone, Tablet, and Browser wireframesm and all of them will not properly export. As you say, only what you place inside will export. Attached is an image of an export that I tested in jpg and vector pdf, and as you can see, the phone, tablet, and browser frames are not there, only the other elements. Below this is a screenshot of the export I was trying to make.

Here is a link for reporting bugs, and I suggest you submit this and see what the support team has to say about this. https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017731413-How-to-Report-Bugs

Hope this helps!

Jon

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

The team told me that this is expected behavior for now. These new wireframes behave as our usual frames and export the content only. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks @Marina -

I guess in the interim the best workaround would be to use a third-party screenshot tool such as Snagit to capture the full content including the wireframe template itself.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

2-3 months since this was raised is there a fix implemented or on its way or a workaround? Currently exporting the images and re-adding the wireframe which is tedious.

I’m having the same problem here. Made all my wireframes but the phone frame is never shown. Any updates on this?

I am having the same problem. I only use Miro to do wireframing but it’s kind of useless this way.

Is there some way we can vote on this issue? It would really be great if this can be resolved. Or at least published with the wireframe that it’s a known issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AmK - From this search, I don’t see an existing Wish List Idea for this specific ask - or at least not one where the name represents the asks in this post.

Feel free to create an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Hi, I am hoping someone could assist. I've created low fidelity wireframes in Miro, however when I print image or PDF format the actual phone frame does not appear.

Is there anyone that has knowledge on how to ensure it is visible in image?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@AmK / @mvandillen / @Nicolas Schepers / @Rob McNeill / @Jonathan White / @Kiron Bondale:

It looks like Miro has made some updates in the past ten months.

When I export a frame with a wireframe as an image, I don’t see the wireframe objects “frame”, e.g., smartrphone:

But when I export as Vector/PDF, I do see the frame:

There’s other more important developer needs I’m sure, but having this feature and being able to export in 1242x2688 for 6.5inch iPhone display Screenshots would be in direct competition to Canva and others.

This feature is necessary for developers creating Screenshots for App uploads, and designing graphics for app/website assets.

Just a quick post

I’ve just hit this same snag. I thought I was being clever using the wireframes to build prototypes but if the frame doesn’t export its a bit useless. Please can we get a solve on this?

It has been 3 years since this was posted and no solution… This “bug” renders the wireframing feature completely useless (for this use case).

EUREKA!!! I've found the solution!

1. Take a screenshot of Miro using your Mac.
  2. Open the screenshot in your preferred photo editing software.
  3. Make necessary edits.
  4. Export the edited image.

Is it not simple to use Miro? Doesn't it feel like a significant waste of time?

Seriously, guys???

Thank you, Miro, for making us wait for three years and charging us every month for your subscription.

We have to work around and waste time due to a bug that remains unsolved after such a long time.

It's only a matter of time before competition emerges, and customers switch if nothing changes after years, especially for such requests.

We still love you, Miro!