Export to PDF - Upgrade options

• 24 August 2021
  • 5 replies

I have been sent a sharing link to review several flowcharts created with Miro.  These were created by a 3rd party delivery partner using a Miro account not operated by myself. I have the option to View the flow charts but that is all (no Editing rights).

I would like now to export these flowcharts to a high-quality set of PDFs for archiving.  However the creator of the flowcharts does not have a Miro account that permits this, so I will need to do this using my own Miro account, which as I understand it means that I will need to upgrade my own account.  (To be clear, under the agreement with the 3rd party delivery partner, this Intellectual Property belongs to me in this context).

I would like to know what is the least expensive way of achieving this export, bearing in mind that I will have no future use for Miro once these assets have been exported successfully.  In particular, which Upgrade-Export-Terminate option includes this functionality at the lowest possible cost.

Many thanks in advance

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RobertEllis -

I’d suggest the absolute cheapest method (free!) would be to find someone you know who has a paid Miro account (let’s call the person Sally), ask your delivery partner to add Sally’s user account to their team, Sally can then duplicate the board or copy & paste all relevant content to a new board in her own account, and then she could do a high quality export to PDF for you.

Barring that, you could sign up for a Consultant plan account with one user on a monthly billing cycle ($12 US/month), ask your delivery partner to add your account to their team, duplicate the content and export it, and then cancel your subscription so you’d only spend the $12 US…

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RobertEllis - It sounds like you are both using a Free Plan at the moment. You can very easily duplicate the board into your account right now by doing the following:

1. While signed into your account, open the board that is in the 3rd party’s account
  2. and then click on the board name and use the Duplicate action:

Now you have a copy of the board. Next, as Kiron suggested, you could either upgrade your account for one month or reach out to a trusted colleague/friend with a paid account, put  your new/duplicated board in Anyone with the link → Can view mode, send them the link, have them Duplicate it as per the above GIF, and then export to hi res and send you the export.

Try it now if you’d like using a board I created for the Miroverse:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_kl4Sue4=/

One minor correction to @Kiron Bondale‘s reply: The Consultant Plan is $15 when paid monthly $12 when paid annually.

Hello

Thanks for this advice. Amusingly (somewhat) I have paid my $15 for the Consultant Plan and proceeded to try to export as a high quality PDF and I get this error: 

“Sorry, something went wrong while generating the PDF document”

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that in the event that it is determined that this cannot be made to work, Miro are sympathetic in light of my motivations for paying for account! 

Meanwhile, any advice as to what is causing the error would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RobertEllis -

Does the export work for all other formats (e.g. image, low quality PDF)? How “big” is your board - any unreasonably large images or other content? I’d try again after an hour or so, but if it still is not working, contact Miro support here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

I just tried it with a large test board I have and it worked fine...

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RobertEllis

Amusingly (somewhat) 

Depending on the situation, you may want to laugh and cry at the same time.

any advice as to what is causing the error would be gratefully received

I would suggest a process-of-elimination exercise to identify the object that is causing the PDF export process to error.

Steps I would take:

1. Duplicate your board, so you have a copy of it.
  2. Next, right-click on any blank spot on the board and Unlock all - this will allows you to multi-select all objects on the board.
  3. Now use the Shift+drag shortcut to start deleting blocks of objects and then trying the PDF export. I would start with larger blocks of objects and then working your way down, e.g., delete half of the board, then a by quarters, eighths, etc.

And as Kiron suggested, I would open a support ticket right away, including a link to the problem board (set the board to Anyone with the link → Can edit).

guide → Get help → Support