emojis cause crash on iOS

• 10 November 2021
  • 1 reply

tested on iPad Pro, iPhone XR and iPhone 12 Mini

I made a “cloud” of emojis, and that tanks the performance on iOS, and eventually causes some sort of semi-crash. App doesn’t crash, but the board just goes completely white. Suspecting something RAM-related.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there, Hannibal!

You suspect correctly - our app uses WebView to render the visuals, and one of the rules related to memory management is that the rendering process is not allowed to use more than 25% of RAM memory of the device. After this mark the app gets limited and may cause unexpected behaviour like crashing or freezing. 

As a workaround we suggest trying the following:

• to close all unnecessary background applications before using Miro - this should better the performance;
  • to work on boards that are smaller in size - this should lighten the load of the app on the system;
  • finally, to switch to another device (laptop or computer) with better RAM and use the browser version of Miro, preferably on Chrome browser.

You can find more details in our handy article Table app in case you’re curious.

I do like the look of your emoji “cloud” though! :unicorn::smiley:

I hope I could help - if you have any other questions, you know where to find us! :)