Question

Edit googles slides/docs in Miro without going to a separate page

• 17 June 2021
  • 3 replies

The only way to edit a google slides doc is to open it in another screen away from the whiteboard. Ideally you should be able to have the google slides doc open on the whiteboard while you continue to think of ideas/ brainstorm. This way if something comes up you can add that idea to the google slides immediately without breaking flow. Or you can look at a document like a creative brief that will give information you need to crate new ideas. This is the same for mp4 video/ google docs/ pdfs any document that you work on or need while working on the whiteboardshould be open and accessible in the whiteboard while using the whiteboard. This is imperative and a game changer to work flow. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kirstin Roquemore,

Google Documents, Spreadsheets and Slides can be edited right in Miro if Google Drive integration is set up:

Could you please try to enable the integration and let us know if it works for you?

Thanks for your reply Marina, but that’s not exactly what Im talking about. I know that this is possible and its a good start, but what i need is for it to be possible to edit a googles slide doc while also having my whiteboard visible. Right now it brings you to pop up type screen to make any edits. I’d like to be able to see my notes in my whiteboard in tandem with google slides so I can copy over information from my notes to my google slides doc. Does this make sense? Thanks again for following up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh I see, @Kirstin Roquemore! Thanks for the clarification.

Then it should probably be submitted as an idea to our Wish List. This will help us understand how many people are also interested in this functionality :raised_hands_tone2: