Answered

Downloading files for guests

• 1 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi there!

I have faced with a setting problem. How do you allow the file downloading for those who obtain status “guest”?

Would appreciate your help,

Kate

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 1 October 2021, 15:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@kotikova26 - You will need to adjust the board content settings to allow "anyone with the board access" to download files/copy board content.

Here are some additional screenshots.

From the share popup, click on Sharing settings:

Then Permissions:

And make sure that Who can copy board content is set to Anyone with the board access:

Example - before:

And then after:

@kotikova26 - You will need to adjust the board content settings to allow "anyone with the board access" to download files/copy board content.

Here are some additional screenshots.

From the share popup, click on Sharing settings:

Then Permissions:

And make sure that Who can copy board content is set to Anyone with the board access:

Example - before:

And then after:

Thanks a million!

It was really helpful.

Userlevel 2

To confirm---there’s still no way to allow visitors to download a pdf (or any “file”) unless I allow them to be able to copy ALL board content, correct? 

In my situation, I want them to be able to download files, but not to copy my board content. (Sorry if this is a repetitive question). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Anne Scarlett That's correct, they will be able to copy all content. A workaround would be to use Google Drive or Dropbox or similar service for files and just add them to your board/s through that service (Miro’s GDrive integration is really good!).

Userlevel 2

@Henrik Ståhl Thanks for the quick reply! So I just uploaded to Drive and then imported into the board, but it’s still unavailable as ‘download’ for guests. Do I need to advise them to first click ‘go to source’ at which point they’d be able to see the file in Google Drive? 

Edit: OR, should I “embed” it, and then change my Drive settings to “anyone with a link”? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Henrik Ståhl Thanks for the quick reply! So I just uploaded to Drive and then imported into the board, but it’s still unavailable as ‘download’ for guests. Do I need to advise them to first click ‘go to source’ at which point they’d be able to see the file in Google Drive? 

Edit: OR, should I “embed” it, and then change my Drive settings to “anyone with a link”? 

@Anne Scarlett My idea was to advise them to click Source and download the file through Drive, since embedding the file on the board creates a reference object connected to the GDrive file. This means that if you click Download on the object in the Miro board, the file will be downloaded through Miro and not Drive.

Advising users to go to Drive and download it from there isn’t the best solution, but it will at least allow them to download the files without having to give them access to copy all content on the entire board. 🙂

PS. The sharing settings in Drive must be set to “Anyone with the link.”

Hello,

The “Anyone with board access” is nowhere to be found for me:

How can I let guests download documents? ( @Robert Johnson @Henrik Ståhl )

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello,

The “Anyone with board access” is nowhere to be found for me:

How can I let guests download documents? ( @Robert Johnson @Henrik Ståhl )

Someone with the Team Admin role will need to configure this option for you - more on this here:

https://community.miro.com/ideas/offline-mode-925