Question

Downloading File Detected

• 14 June 2021
  • 2 replies

In the activity space in miro, we can find out who is editing in a miro board. but, how do i know who downloaded the file in miro? I need help from someone for tracking down who downloaded the file since my board space has already been entered by a stranger. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@shazwan rosli - It is not currently possible to file downloads in the Activity List. And while the Enterprise Plan has a more details audit log option, it still doesn’t appear to include file download info - see the Audit Logs Help Center article for more information on what log options are available for the Enterprise Plan.

Workaround

You could use a 3rd party file download service and link to the the files from your Miro board.

Miro Developer Platform

Depending on what information Miro has exposed via their REST API, it may be possible to create your custom app to retrieve this information. Here is a starting point that you could share with someone with a development background → https://developers.miro.com/reference#log-object

Requesting this be added to the Activity List

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

Workaround

You could use a 3rd party file download service and link to the the files from your Miro board.

@Robert Johnson 

We also want to monitor the download history of confidential documents.
Can you talk about the third-party download service you mentioned in workaround  or give any example?

Now during the download operation, the track has been sent, but no REST API  can get it.
Request URL: https://track.miro.com/api/v1/t POST 
event: "content_exported"