Answered

Dimensions of a board

• 2 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I struggle with the dimensions of the templates and frames on my Miro-Board.

My case is: 
I have a Miro Board with different activities, for each activity I made a frame of template. 
All the frames together, are the flow of the workshop. 

But how do I know how big the frames must be? When is it big enough for the participants to have a good overview, to read the text in the frames when they zoom in? And how are my letters? 

What is a good size of the frame to get a good structure of your board?
Or, is anybody willing to share his or her template? So that I have an example? 

Thanks a lot, 

Mireille

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 2 May 2020, 17:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mireille Beumer -

a lot depends on the devices which your participants will be using to collaborate. If they are on a smartphone for example, size and scale will be very different than on a large screen monitor. 

In general, what I've done is to let the typeface of my text dictate the size of the frames I use and since frames are the basis for exporting to a PDF file, I try to keep my frames all roughly the same size unless an activity requires a significantly larger or smaller frame.

I’ve found that a 24 size typeface works fairly well for me as a default.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot @Kiron Bondale 

And what dimensions do you use for your frames, when you have more then 1 activity (and every frame describes one activity)?
Do you use the frame which has the dimensions of your screen? (you can choose this dimension in the frame lay out). 

Mireille

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mireille Beumer -

I’ve never used one of the standard frame sizes - in general, mine are usually portrait mode and would fit within most reasonable laptop screen resolutions at roughly 80% zoom ratio.

Here’s a screenshot from one of my course boards. As you can see, the four discussion/brainstorming-type frames are all more or less the same size, whereas I went with a larger size for a more elaborate activity which involved categorizing items into four groups.

Userlevel 1

You are great, thanks a lot @Kiron Bondale !!