Copying and Pasting not working on Board

Suddenly copying and pasting in Miro board is not working

I attempted to copy and paste through Key-board (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V) and it worked nothing.
nothing happened.

so i tried to another way which i clicked right button of mouse and chose copy and paste from the menu, but the message said “These actions are unavailable via context menu. Please use : Ctrl +C, Ctrl+V)”

How can this problem be solved. Is there a setting which was by accident triggered which could have caused this?

Thanks!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@SOON -

Can you provide more details - are you attempting to copy content within the board itself or from an external application into Miro? Are you accessing Miro through a web browser or via the desktop app?

Kiron

I have a similar problem. 

Copying PowerPoint slide into Miro not working - it was yesterday.  Same thing using snipping tool to grad web content to copy to MIro.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SOON & @sharon Jones - I just tried this and copy-and-pasting from PowerPoint and the Windows Snippet tool is working for me in both Chrome and the Miro Desktop App. Here are my details:

• Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 2004 build 19041.867
  • Chrome Version 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit).
  • Miro Desktop App 0.5.2 (from miro.com/apps, not the Microsoft Store version).
  • Desktop version of PowerPoint, M365 version 2103, build 13901.20336.
  • Unsure of the Snippet version.

What conditions are you unable to copy-and-paste from? (operating system/browser/PowerPoint version etc.)?

Same problem with Firefox 61.0 (32-Bit). With Chrome I have no issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Renato Raymann - 61.0 appears to be quite old - according to the following site 90.0.2 is the latest:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefox/all

Broken again.

Cannot copypaste a shape anymore. It wont load to clipboard anymore suddenly when I mark an object and ctrl+c OR it inserts the link to Miro board rather than inserting the highlighted object when ctrl+v

Marking and using “duplicate” from context menu works but hotkeying would be preferable

Chrome seems to work. Problem occurs in FF 115.0.2 (current)

All adblockers/ security inactive for Miro URL

While Ctrl+d for duplicating directly DOES work...

Userlevel 1

Broken again.

Cannot copypaste a shape anymore. It wont load to clipboard anymore suddenly when I mark an object and ctrl+c OR it inserts the link to Miro board rather than inserting the highlighted object when ctrl+v

Marking and using “duplicate” from context menu works but hotkeying would be preferable

Chrome seems to work. Problem occurs in FF 115.0.2 (current)

All adblockers/ security inactive for Miro URL

While Ctrl+d for duplicating directly DOES work...

I can confirm all of this! 🙂
Here is the link on my thread describing the problem with a GIF:
https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/miro-can-t-copy-anything-from-any-board-to-the-windows-clipboard-14027
Decided to create a new thread because this one is quite old, first post here was made 2 years ago, and the description of the problem in it needs to be changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jam Shaheen - Updates here: https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/known-bug-miro-can-t-copy-anything-from-any-board-to-the-windows-clipboard-14027

Hey @Robert Johnson thx a lot!

I am aware of the other thread and progress over there - thx, again!