Convert stickies to comments

• 22 September 2021
  • 5 replies

It would be amazing to be able to convert sticky note content into a comment in place, rather than attaching a comment to an existing sticky. Is this already possible? Can’t find anything in the docs.

Cheers

Paul

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paul Barrett -

I’m not sure I fully understand the use case. Are you looking for a method to take a portion of the text in a sticky note and have it moved into a comment which is attached to that sticky note? In any event, such capability is not available so you could either look at using the Miro API to develop a customization to do this or you could add it as a wish list idea following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

Hi Kiron, that’s not exactly what I’m after - it’s more of an object transformation from sticky into comment. (it doesn’t need to be a portion of the text, just the whole thing)

For example - miro newbie comes along and adds sticky note to some wireframes I have made, they are not aware of the comment functionality, whereas I would have preferred it to be a comment so that I can reply/resolve.

Cheers

Paul

I would also like this feature, but the opposite. I would like to be able to convert comments into stickies for better visibility.

I would also like this feature, but the opposite. I would like to be able to convert comments into stickies for better visibility.

Same for me! 
We have a lot of comments in a miro board that we want to visualize in 1 go. Love this feature to happen

@Paul Barrett -

I’m not sure I fully understand the use case. Are you looking for a method to take a portion of the text in a sticky note and have it moved into a comment which is attached to that sticky note? In any event, such capability is not available so you could either look at using the Miro API to develop a customization to do this or you could add it as a wish list idea following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro cuphead

Kiron

It’s a good idea.