Can't lock sticky notes inside the grid

• 8 October 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3

It seems that I can lock some sticky notes and not others. In the image these two sticky notes are right next to each other and one has lock function while the other doesn’t. Is this an issue or am I missing something? The one without lock doesn’t have it in the menu either. 

Lock
No lock

Marina 3 years ago

Hi there,

At the moment it is impossible to lock objects within grids/tables. You can upvote the existing Wish List idea - Lock objects within a grid / table.

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Was that unlockable sticky in your screenshot created as a new sticky (from the content creation toolbar or using the N hotkey) or was it a duplicated one? Or created from a spreadsheet copy-and-paste? I’m curious as I would like to try to recreate it.

What happens if you move if over to a blank spot on the board and try it from there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Something else to look out for is that as a Guest Editor, you cannot lock items:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012524559-Collaboration-with-Anonymous-Guest-Editors

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have additional options when viewing this board as a Guest Editor (board belongs to a  Consultant Plan team):

Userlevel 3

Thanks Robert. Ok so it looks like it can’t be locked when it’s inside the grid. So the sticky note is lockable outside the grid but as soon as I move it into the grid it can’t be locked anymore. 

If I add a new note from the toolbar/N hotkey or copy one, it is lockable when outside the grid. Both are no longer lockable inside the grid.

Userlevel 3

Thanks, I have those additional options under the extended menu (...) but not as icons as in your screenshot. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lillie McEnteer -

I believe this has to do with the fact that the lockable one is NOT inside a grid cell. I don’t know if this is by design (or defect) but sticky notes within grids do appear to be un-lockable.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I want to say this is by design as the behavior is the same for shapes and cards.

As for my previous screenshots, I also noted that the options on the selected object’s context bar vary based on Navigation mode. In my above screenshot, I have duplicate and Delete when my navigation mode is set to Touchscreen, but the are not present when I am in Mouse mode.

Presumably this is because the Ctrl + D or Alt + drag to duplicate wouldn’t be an option if you were in pure touchscreen mode, i.e., no keyboard.

Touchscreen:

Mouse:

Userlevel 3

Thanks @Kiron Bondale and @Robert Johnson for the quick replies!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

At the moment it is impossible to lock objects within grids/tables. You can upvote the existing Wish List idea - Lock objects within a grid / table.

Userlevel 2

Hi @Marina , Do you have an estimate for this functionality to be implemented? (Post it can be blocked within the tables).

For this I am using a work around. 1.) I lock the grid. 2.) I group the sticky notes an move them to a free space. 3.) Unlock the grid and move it to a free space. 4.) Move the grouped sticky notes in position and lock(!) them. 5.) Move the grid over(!) them and lock the grid.
You may use send to back/ front if needed. It is a bit complicated, but it works for me.